My Daughter's first challenging card model

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by rlwhitt, Oct 14, 2006.

1. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

My daughter thought my new obsession/hobby looked fun, so she wanted to give it a try. Canon's website has a number of animal projects. She started with several of their easy "just barely 3D" zoo animals, and then decided she just HAD to model our dog. So here she is:

http://www.cardmodels.net/gallery/files/3/4/0/3/YellowLab.JPG

It was quite a challenge for her, but she stuck with it, and I'm impressed with her result!
    Rick
  2. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

My daughter thought my new obsession/hobby looked fun, so she wanted to give it a try. Canon's website has a number of animal projects. She started with several of their easy "just barely 3D" zoo animals, and then decided she just HAD to model our dog. So here she is:

http://www.cardmodels.net/gallery/files/3/4/0/3/YellowLab.JPG

It was quite a challenge for her, but she stuck with it, and I'm impressed with her result!
    Rick
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Wow! That is great! may I inquire as to her age? I am considering printing some freebies for my daughters school class. First grade :)
    Give you daughter kudos!
    Chris
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Wow! That is great! may I inquire as to her age? I am considering printing some freebies for my daughters school class. First grade :)
    Give you daughter kudos!
    Chris
  5. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

6. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

7. Kaz

Kaz Member

Lovely work, a credit to all concerned!
  8. Kaz

Kaz Member

Lovely work, a credit to all concerned!
  9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Great for her!! Please congratulate her for us here at the forum.
    I guess we who have children have printed one or two models for them. I have, and I can say it's a good experience, for them and for us.
    Precisesly I'm at the office right now printing a couple of dinosaurs models for my 7 year old son.
  10. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Great for her!! Please congratulate her for us here at the forum.
    I guess we who have children have printed one or two models for them. I have, and I can say it's a good experience, for them and for us.
    Precisesly I'm at the office right now printing a couple of dinosaurs models for my 7 year old son.
  11. Darwin

Darwin Member

Rick, she's doing quite well. A couple more like that, and you're going to have to get her to join the group. We need more young blood.
  12. Darwin

Darwin Member

Rick, she's doing quite well. A couple more like that, and you're going to have to get her to join the group. We need more young blood.
  13. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Thanks guys. My challenge will be to keep her interested. She's had some history of flitting in and out of things, lot's of things hold her interest for a little while and then they're gone. But, that's kids for 'ya... :)

Rick
  14. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Thanks guys. My challenge will be to keep her interested. She's had some history of flitting in and out of things, lot's of things hold her interest for a little while and then they're gone. But, that's kids for 'ya... :)

Rick
  15. wojtek

wojtek New Member

10 year old daughter involved in paper models also

You can go to CANON web side and you will find so many good stuff to start for your doughter.I,m sending you one of them as a atachment. http://cp.c-ij.com/english/3D-papercraft/
  16. wojtek

wojtek New Member

10 year old daughter involved in paper models also

You can go to CANON web side and you will find so many good stuff to start for your doughter.I,m sending you one of them as a atachment. http://cp.c-ij.com/english/3D-papercraft/

Attached Files: