My current project - SB2C-3 HellDiver

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by wingsbg, Aug 23, 2005.

1. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

Hello, friends!

As i see there is a big interest for presenting projects here and I'll continue with the next my project - SB2C-3 HellDiver. With it I'm continueing the line of design like in event with Hs-129 - In other words as mch details as it possible for 1:48. :)))

I'll post here some of photos, done while I'm building my alpha model. Much many photos I'll put in my site.

I hope you'll be interested how the model is comming out :)
  2. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

Hello, friends!

As i see there is a big interest for presenting projects here and I'll continue with the next my project - SB2C-3 HellDiver. With it I'm continueing the line of design like in event with Hs-129 - In other words as mch details as it possible for 1:48. :)))

I'll post here some of photos, done while I'm building my alpha model. Much many photos I'll put in my site.

I hope you'll be interested how the model is comming out :)
  3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Kancho,

glad to see you back...
  4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Kancho,

glad to see you back...
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Alright Kancho.........The Beast............a very unappreciated winner of WWII. Started out not so good (like all the other great planes, P-38, B-29, P-51) but was truly a champ.

I can not wait and I look forward to the next pictures.

john
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Alright Kancho.........The Beast............a very unappreciated winner of WWII. Started out not so good (like all the other great planes, P-38, B-29, P-51) but was truly a champ.

I can not wait and I look forward to the next pictures.

john
  7. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

I love your work Kancho, so I know that I will love this plane. I look forward to watching your progress.
  8. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

I love your work Kancho, so I know that I will love this plane. I look forward to watching your progress.
  9. Gil

Gil Active Member

Kancho,

A catapult would be fabulous!

-Gil
  10. Gil

Gil Active Member

Kancho,

A catapult would be fabulous!

-Gil
  11. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Anyone read 'Winkle' Browns flight report on this type? Not very flattering! Couple of quotes....

"..excessive longitudinal trim change with engine power, the Helldiver would never have been acceptable for decklanding by British Standards, and, indeed, was never flown onto a British carrier byan FAA pilot."

"Its practical combat range...was inferior to the SBD-5 Dauntless and cruise speed was only 12 knots(22kn/h) higher!"

"..between June 1942..and November 1943...no fewer than 889 major design changes had been made..."

"Those US Navy mechanics swearing that SB2C really stood for 'Son-of-a-Bi*** Second Class" had, for what it was worth, my profound sympathy!"

Captain Eric Brown test flew virtually all types considered for carrier use by the Royal Navy, and his books and articles make fascinating reading.
    The 'Beast' was one of the few types he had next to nothing good to say about!

The model looks like it will be a neat one! Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Tim P
  12. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Anyone read 'Winkle' Browns flight report on this type? Not very flattering! Couple of quotes....

"..excessive longitudinal trim change with engine power, the Helldiver would never have been acceptable for decklanding by British Standards, and, indeed, was never flown onto a British carrier byan FAA pilot."

"Its practical combat range...was inferior to the SBD-5 Dauntless and cruise speed was only 12 knots(22kn/h) higher!"

"..between June 1942..and November 1943...no fewer than 889 major design changes had been made..."

"Those US Navy mechanics swearing that SB2C really stood for 'Son-of-a-Bi*** Second Class" had, for what it was worth, my profound sympathy!"

Captain Eric Brown test flew virtually all types considered for carrier use by the Royal Navy, and his books and articles make fascinating reading.
    The 'Beast' was one of the few types he had next to nothing good to say about!

The model looks like it will be a neat one! Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Tim P