My Canadian emisary has arrived...

shaygetz

Got this a couple daze ago from Glen Haasdyk as a future project. I want to keep it pretty much the way it is as a memento of my Bible College daze where I first ran into real Canadians:thumb: Not only did I find out that they look and almost talk like us:D but they even have the same Bible:thumb: They taught me to eat french fries with mayonnaise and mac-n-cheese with ketchup and to wipe my mouth with a serviette instead of a napkin. I eat Smarties instead of M&Ms and pronounce Quebec "kay-BECK", not "KWEE-beck. I also learned that there is a place called Saskatoon and there really is a Saskatchwan...did you know that Nova Scotia is not part of Maine? When my beloved and I were engaged, a student from Ottawa gave us the lunch to celebrate, knowing we couldn't do it ourselves. Just a neat flood of memories from a time long ago, eh?

CPRail.jpg

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
shaygetz said:
did you know that Nova Scotia is not part of Maine?
I knew this. :D
I have a freind from Nova Scotia that hand built both of my custom bass guitars. When I bought my second one, he actually hand delivered it from Nova Scotia to Missouri. He stayed with us for a few days and went on back up to Chicago to make a couple more deliveries. One of the nicest guys in the world. (Although, after the work you did on the "Little Green Engine Who Couldn't," you rank right up there too, Bob. ;) )

I also have a Yorkville amplifier that is made in Canada.
Whatever else you may say about them, they make some really incredible music gear. :cool:

shaygetz

I was just having fun about Nova Scotia though I do seem to recall believing so as a child.:D What was really funny was me wondering to myself those first few weeks on campus on just how many Canadian students there were. My "duh" moment came when I realized I was just about an hour and a half away from Canada. Andy, Dory, Sandy and all the others with whom I made friends are sorely missed, they had a lot of patience with this ol' firebrand redneck preacher.

Ray Marinaccio

With a little work those can be made into a great running locomotive.
I've regeared, remotored and added better electrical pickups (plus adding some extra details) to 3 of their Pacifics and 2 of there Mikados

shaygetz

Ray Marinaccio said:
With a little work those can be made into a great running locomotive.
I've regeared, remotored and added better electrical pickups (plus adding some extra details) to 3 of their Pacifics and 2 of there Mikados

Yes, it has a lot of potential. A remotoring is first in line as the motor runs great but it sounds somewhere between my Dremel and my beloved's food processor:thumb: :D

Glen Haasdyk

Glad you got it in one peice. I was a little worried when the eskimo threw it into the bottom of his dog sled and then tossed all those igloo making kits on top. I suppose they transfered it to pony express when he got it to the US border.
Seriously though I'm glad that someone who will take care of it is giving it a good home.

CCT70

One thing I learned in my profession is that Canada also has MUCH better looking brakemen than the old farts we hire out here in the good ol' USA.

R2-18r.jpg

R10-23r.jpg

Nice new steam locomotive you got Shay, congrats. Looking forward to seeing what magic you work to that one.

CCT70 said:
One thing I learned in my profession is that Canada also has MUCH better looking brakemen than the old farts we hire out here in the good ol' USA.

That does it... I'm moving to Canada to work on the railway. :p

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
I'm sorry...are we still talkin' 'bout...ya know...umm...those big things that pull umm, cars???

Pooh Bah
CCT70: were those shots from the calander? I did a day at a train show in the booth next to them.
Didn't see them this year.