My Brand New Website !

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jun 20, 2006.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Hi Gang,
    I just wanted to announce my brand new website (link below), there are Cardmodels, Animations (featuring your favorite foot-stomping, finger-snapping, bebopping wood_e, the animated micro-mini-me), Wood Engraving and more. Plus much more to come, more Cardmodels, some games and other downloads. Come check it out!
  2. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Phil,

I just wanted to congratulate you on your site, it looks really good and the engravings are really nice looking.

Have a good day, :)

Greg aka GW
  3. thewoodengraver

Thanx GW ! The site is a work-in-progress but it's off to a great start! Thank you for stopping by!
    Have a great day.
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Cool site Phil!
    Your off to a roaring start with it!
    I grabbed up your Hako and skateboard.
    I figured I would scale the Hako up and the skateboard down so they are in line with each other and you will soon be hanging ten across my desk!
    Or should I say "be-bopp'n"!
    Russell
  5. Mace

Mace Member

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

Looks like your site is doing well, LOL :D
    The ppl from this site exceeded your bandwidth witin 24 hours
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

lookin good!
  7. thewoodengraver

HOLY MACKERAL !!! EXCEEDED MY BANDWIDTH? IN 24 HOURS?
    Geez, I should have invited you all to a party instead,the authorities would have closed the street!
    Thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Looks like I will be upgrading to a paid site sooner than I thought.
  8. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Phil,

Lemme give ya a little tip I learned awhile back. If you have downloads that people can download on your site, open another site on another server or on the same server under a different name and post the downloads there, then on the original site, post a link to the downloads. This way, your original sites bandwidth isnt taken up with downloads (they eat up bandwidth) and everyone can still visit your site but are redirected to the "alternate site" for actual downloading.
    The link to the downloads can be a photo (with the link addy imbedded) or a simple link to the alternate site.
    I used to make websites for people using the free hosting sites and several of them ran into this problem, opening up an alternate site for downloading remedied the problem though and the people didnt have to pay for an upgrade.

Hope this helps, :)

Greg aka GW

9. thewoodengraver

Thanx GW for that tip, I will certainly think about it. On the other hand, I absolutely LOVE Yahoo! Their online page builder allows for COMPLETE control of what is added and where, and it is certainly worth paying premium for. I have NO PROBLEM paying software/website designers for their creations, I realize the endless hours of work that goes into it. Yahoo has been around as long as any of them and they have never let me down.

Sitekreator.com (my previous website), has. Every time I try to sign on to their website, my computer freezes. I realise that modems are Dinosaurs, but this is the only website that did this.

Forgive my ramble...I am still pretty new to this online stuff, but like the Lawnmower Man, I will learn...........................................................!
  10. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy again Phil,

Well yahoo is perfect! They let you have more than one account, I know cause I have two myself.
    To open a new account/website, you will need to go to your yahoo email or home page and find the link marked "My Account" then click it.
    Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and you will see "Create Sub Accounts". Click that and create a new account, name it whatever you like. I found that if you use the same name as your first account but add something like "alt1" (alternate account 1) at the end, its easy to remember and easy to access.
    Just remember, if you wish to work on the new account, you must log into that account.

Example: lets say my account is GEEDUBBYA@geocities.com and I wanted to work on my "alt1" one account. Then I would go to my home page, and click "Log out" then when the "log in" page appears, I would type in GEEDUBBYAALT1@geocities.com then I could work on the new page.
    I could post all my downloads there and link them back to my first site, thereby reducing the bandwidth use for downloads on my primary site.

I know it sounds complex, but its not. Plus you get a new email with the new sub account.

I hope this helps and if you need help, you are more than welcome to email me and I can talk you thru it if needed.

Have a good day, :)

Greg aka GW

11. thewoodengraver

GW,
    As it turns out, I reformatted my previous site, (removed all that glitzy stuff) and now it loads just fine. I uploaded all my downloads there,
    www.sitekreator.com/thewoodengraver/card_models.html
    and I put links to that site on my new site.
    Thanx again GW...GREAT TIP !!!:grin::):wink:8):roll:
  12. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

congratulations. you have entered the "show". your creations should qualiify as an accomplishment and as encouragement to be the very best. if i can help in any way, do not hesitate to ask. qualitiy begets excellence, and it all benrfits our hobby. thank you for being you...
  13. thewoodengraver

Wow, I think I'm gonna cry... er...I mean...Thank you!
  14. thewoodengraver

I've added a guestbook to my Home page. ALL comments are welcome!:twisted: