My Bane Blade...thanks Patoroch

glabbott

Nov 4, 2008
Well here it is, took 4 days of about 5 hours a day to complete and even with that I STILL messed up large on it.

I love it and I am planning on doing a coloured one with the secondary weapon that comes with it...sigh...its now my pride even though I messed it up.

BaneBlade131024x683.jpg

Notice the cut out in the rear of the main chassis, where the engine compartment it? I had to cut it out when I noticed that I didnt have the complete section up high enough to have the turret section slide in under the little canted lip.

BaneBlade121024x683.jpg

BaneBlade111024x683.jpg

BaneBlade10683x1024.jpg

BaneBlade91024x683.jpg

BaneBlade81024x683.jpg

BaneBlade61024x683.jpg

BaneBlade41024x683.jpg

BaneBlade21024x683.jpg

BaneBlade11024x683.jpg

And thats the BaneBlade. I love it and cant wait to build the coloured version.

glabbott

Nov 4, 2008
Oh yeah, you will need to look for the Warhammer 40k Armor thread here...its done by Patoroch and Armorman is the MAN as he has provided the links to ALOT of awesome models...

Tirick

Oct 5, 2009
Ontario, CA
tcfgaming.com
That is a nice build! While I'm sure whatever mistakes you made are abundantly clear when you are holding the model in your hand (or looking at it on your desk), it looks perfect from the pics. It is a very nicely detailed model, did you build it 'to plan' or did you embellish some of the detailing?

Tirick

glabbott

Nov 4, 2008
I built it to plan minus one thing and plus 2 little details. The third spot light on the left track pod at the front and the Imperial Aquila in front of that spotlight and on the right track pod (but on the side on the armour). The only ting I didn't build were the observation spots under the the turret, I flush mounted the grills as the time I lost patience with my glue and wasn't going to try to fiddle trying to get the arched parts to glue together.

Tirick

Oct 5, 2009
Ontario, CA
tcfgaming.com
It looks great as is. What glue are you using? I find white glue works best, although arches are a pain, I agree. The only recommendation I have (unless you leave it unpainted) is that the more raised/relief detail the better. After basecoating I regretted not detailing his chimeras more than I had.

glabbott

Nov 4, 2008
I use Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive...quick dry and it actually dries crystal clear. I tried elmers white glue but found that it tended to bleed through and discolor the parts.

This Blade, I plan on leaving plain white, I plan on printing the full colour version and possibly go for the actual linked tracks that he includes...bit scared to try but hey whats the worst thing to happen, I revert to the single piece track.

I am, at this moment working on Patorochs Marauder Bomber but found a possible hitch in the plans...will go into detail after its built tho so far its fricken HUGE...the main fuselage it 14 inches long :D gonna be a big bugger but awesome so far.

Tirick

Oct 5, 2009
Ontario, CA
tcfgaming.com
I use Elmers myself, although I apply it with an old fine-detail brush. It can for certain bleed through if you are not careful, or if you leave too much on the model, but for the most part I've found it holds for years without fail.

Not tried the Scotch quick-dry though. Why kind of applicator does it have?

The Baneblade available here uses a similar style track to Patoroch's linked track, although after looking a Patoroch's plans I see I built it wrong... heh. oh well, looks great anyway. Had I not built that one I would definitely try one of these.

glabbott

Nov 4, 2008
The Scotch applicator is very good, has a built in needle type applicator. The picture is of the applicator tip and a little sneak peek of my marauder bomber.

ScotchApplicatorandSneakPeekatMarauderBomber.jpg