my artwork

freddyman

man, it's been a while since I watched that movie. them bat dragon alien creatures were awesome. I'll see if I can take up your suggestion.

freddyman

another drawing I made during school. just like the Godzilla, I had no references and operated mostly by memory. its cthulhu. I drew this one with a blue ink pen
cthulhu_by_spinosaurus1-d7zrh9y.jpg

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That is a GREAT drawing of Cthulhu!
To be able to draw it from memory is OUTSTANDING!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
HOLY! Is this only a part of the work or the complete painting? How big is it in reality? (Reason for my asking is, if your pieces fit on a scanner, you may save the photographing process ;) ).

starbuck

Last two drawings: wow.
At cthulhu I like the shading you did by crossing lines harder and softer. (And of course to draw it without references.)
At the cape vulture the details and the coloration are outstanding. Love it.

freddyman

spinosaurus WIP
now let me tell you what's interesting about this. this drawing is based of a new skeletal mount of spinosaurus who findings suggest it was very short legged. a study was recently released, suggesting spinosaurus was a possible quadrupled theropod who would walk on it's risks for terrestrial locomotion and would of been primarily aquatic. the study is well done, but it does have a couple of questions and/ or problems. first, spinosaurus forelimbs, although large, were not built for supporting it's weight on all fours, so quadrupled motion is out of the question. next, many paleontologist got on the subject on spinosaurus hind limbs. some had said spinosaurus legs in their reconstruction are more then 20% undersized. and the study hasn't really given any comfirmable info on why spinosaurus " sail" is orientated like that. I read the study and barley found any strong evidence for the posterior holotype spine being a anterior caudal, but that's just me. I personally think spinosaurus had considerably longer legs then what this sleletal mount represents, but come on, it's an extreamly cool idea. a quadrupled theropod that could of belly slide across mud and swim like a crocodile. basically an example of convergent evolution were spinosaurines where becoming fully aquatic just like how our mammalian cetaceans came to be.

this is a sketch so more progress would come
the_new_spinosaurus_by_spinosaurus1-d802anz.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday I read an article about this new theory. Somehow it really makes sense, it would explain the purpose of the large fin.

freddyman

look at the honker on this guys nose, and It's not even for the development of a great sense of smell. Rhinorex condrupus was a recently discovered kritosaurin hadrosaur that was around 30 feet long and weighed over 3855 kgs ( 8,500 pounds). it's large nose has an unknown function. hadrosaurs were not known for their keen sense of smell. perhaps it was there for the means of identifying individuals and it's even been speculated to anchor jaw muscles so it can mash tough plant matter.

I drew this in school based on memory from reading it's description. tell me what you think about it. I think I drew the hind legs a little too short
king_nose_by_spinosaurus1-d806uu8.jpg

freddyman

just a quick little sketch using nothing but color pencils. the work done so far took about an hour or so. it depicts two Eousdryosaurus nanohallucis approaching a large lake to drink.
eousdryosaurus was a small, newly discovered dryosaurid ornithopod from the late Jurassic, 152 million years ago. it was described in 2000, but it was just named in 2014. the specimen was about 1.6 meters in length( 5.2 ft)
eousdryosaurus_nanohallucis_by_spinosaurus1-d814s64.jpg

freddyman

another drawing made in school using Crayola pencils. a maiacetus about to munch on a small sea turtle.
maiacetus was a 2.6 meter long protocetid that lived in the early middle Eocene. despite the impression it gives off, it is part of the ancestral tree of cetaceans. in simplistic, observational terms, it would of possibly looked like an hyper carnivorous aquatic wiener dog that happens to be a whale.
as usual, the drawing looks far superior then what this photo depicts. but this really was just a quick drawing. finished it by second block.
maiacetus_inuus_by_spinosaurus1-d81unbr.jpg

freddyman

some more drawings drawn during school
here's a depiction of titanosaurus that might suit the 2014 trilogy. I gave him gills and graviportal feet. as well as taking away the sail like intrutions on his back an made them meatier, dorsal crests that would likely house muscle attachments for the powerful tail and neck. to avoid from making it look too much like Godzilla, I made him a bit lankier in build, despite being a bit taller then Godzilla by comparison. I personally think he's quite underrated. despite what many would say, I kinda like his roar( don't hurt me). drawing was made during school with a ball point pen
hight: 510 ft
weight: 91,000 tons
abilities: powerful swimmer. it can use it's strong tail to make extreme gusts of wind or as a whip to take down both buildings and foes. he's also capable of displaying incredible feats of strength( although much less then Godzilla)
titanosaurus_2014_by_spinosaurus1-d822qf3.jpg