my artwork

freddyman

man, it's been a while since I posted here. anyway, I'm not dead. and new illustrations are going to FLOOD here by next week. heres a list
extant:

crow
bald eagle
great white shark
white tip reef shark

extinct:

Caiuajara dobruskii
jeholopterus ninchengenisis
meyerasaurus victor
thalattoarchon saurophagis
Shastasaurus tangae
xiphactinus audax

and possibly more throughout the week. btw I feel like taking requests. any prehistoric animal that you would love to see restored the best I can do possibly, let me know and I would definitely work on your request.

freddyman

meyerasaurus victor was a rather small, early Jurassic pliosaur. being only 3.35 meters( 11 feet) at average length.
the drawing looks far better then what this photos quality can portray. I kind of with I did this on blue paper. it would of been a whole lot more pronounced and have far greater abilities to add highlights. but hey, use what you have available.
meyerasaurus_victor_by_spinosaurus1-d7yylr4.jpg

freddyman

Caiuajara dobruskii is a very recently discovered tapejarid pterosaur found in brazil. was found in a large group of what is said to be 47 individuals. but scientist has estimated the entire group could of actually numbered in the hundreds.

and just for a bit of fun, baseless speculation, I depicted a male who arrived at the breeding grounds early and creates a mound of rocks. just like adelie penguins, it would use the rocks to attract the female and then use it to build a nest. he wanted to get a little extra attention so he stands up in a brief bipedal stance and calls out to the female.
gregarious_pterosaurs_by_spinosaurus1-d7yz48g.jpg

freddyman

The glutten of the cretaceous seas, xiphactinus was a large bony fish biult like a torpedo. Its long, sleek, hydrodynamic body strongly sugest it catch its prey with very high speeds. Fossil evidence has shown that they are not afraid to attempt predation on fish too large to swallow, and even die at the process of trying to swallow it. Just like the many peculiar fish species in our oceans and rivers
xiphactinus_audax_by_spinosaurus1-d7yyx52.jpg

freddyman

a male thalattoarchon trying to get some.
he gently rubs his body against hers. coaxing and antagonizing her to mate. thalattoarchon was a large predatory ichthyosaur that lived during the middle Triassic. measuring over 8 meters, it was possibly one of the top predator of the seas
(I really need to get some blue paper for these underwater scenes. it would make the picture pop even more)
thalattoarchon_saurophagis_by_spinosaurus1-d7yz1y5.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I REALLY LIKE your drawing of the Crow. You did a FANTASTIC JOB on it!!!
I was wondering if you would be willing to do one of a Raven?
As ALWAYS, I GREATLY ENJOY seeing your work!!!
PLEASE NEVER STOP DRAWING!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
CForrest's post is now the beginning of a new thread for him. Let us all keep our work in separate threads. That is the intent of this section. I do no think I made that clear. No harm, no foul. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Freddyman, when I created this section, I really hoped it would be used and filled up. You have surpassed anything I could have imaged. I will say that if you post any Thumbnails, I will make them full size. These pictures should be seen full size. Anyone glancing over them is loosing too much, without realizing it, so I have put all your images to full size.

You are an amazing Artist. Please keep on doing what you are doing. Feel free to ive advice, tutorials, you can start new threads for that and invite others to join, and head a virtual class. Whatever you wish. The door is wide open for you.

If you have or know any other artist friends, they can check out your work here if they have a Facebook account, and join, with the click of a button. I see your drawing, I wish I could see what you are seeing. It must be really beautiful in there! :)

starbuck

Without a reference? Wow - without reference is one of the hardest ways to draw in my opinion. Nice picture.