My Arc Hammer from Dark Forces

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Hey guys, I've been sitting on this one until my skills improved in Meta, and I was bored today so I decided to finish it. May I present to you, the Arc Hammer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll start unfolding it tomorrow, and I thought I'd give you a sneak-preview of it before I unfolded it. I can't wait! This is a model I've wanted for some time, and I hope to have it soon. Finished size should be in the neighborhood of around 26 inches.
  2. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Beeyotchin!

Dark Forces was one of my favorite games. Good to see the Arc Hammer again! :thumb:
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Sweet looking ship!
    Chris
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I'm also working on a Moldy Crow from DF and a few other Star Wars ships. The Moldy Crow will also have a diorama with it of the third level, where Kyle infiltrates the sewers of Anoat.
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

awsome. you know the arc hammer made an apearance in forces of coruption as well. looking forward to this.
  6. Millenniumfalsehood

Yeah, and I was going to just use that model, but it's far from accurate to the original: there are four engines instead of three, some weird antenna things on the nose, the body is too long and thin, the aft column should be the same length as the front only taller, the disk on top of the engines is missing, and the bridge is the wrong shape and too far forward on the hull. I could go on, but you get the idea. I only used pics from the original game's cutscenes to model this ship. It looks right to me.

I finally finished unfolding it and editing it for Pepakura about ten minutes ago, but I can't directly upload it to the site because the file is 2.91 MB in size. I'll have one of the admins upload it into the downloads section.

I had planned on 26" for the fnial size, but the main body segments won't fit on the paper at that length so I changed it to 23 inches in length. On this model you will have to do a lot of eyeball measurements to place the greebles on the hull, because I didn't build that into the texture. Speaking of which, I changed the texture to have alot more windows on it, as the closeups in the cinematics show tons of them.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

8. Millenniumfalsehood

It's no problem; patience is a virtue. :cool: Thanks for uploading it!
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

10. Sigma0283

Sigma0283 New Member

Looks really awesome. "Dark Trooper Release."