MW4 Madcat/Full Childsize!!

Z

Zathros

:thumb:That is so intense, I hope you don't mind that I embedded the video (you can do this too, in the advanced mode) This is so excellent! You son actually experienced something that few have, how it may feel to be in one of these. Wow!! :)

[YOUTUBE]rX4pXz_awa8[/YOUTUBE]

Hot4Darmat

Apr 15, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
Thanks Zathros!

[in response to CascadeOverload's first paper model build using this Madcat model] Lets not forget tho that this is Cascade Overload's thread, and what an excellent build he did of this cool mech model.

C.O. that is an awesome build. I first became addicted to this hobby about 6 years ago with, of all things, a Homeworld game spaceship model (first thing I ever built....and your first model makes my first attempt look pathetic). The second thing I ever built was Jan Rukr's Alien3 escape pod....and that was before I even figured out I should be using paper thicker than regular printer paper.....

Keep up the great work.

Hot4Darmat

Apr 15, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
BTW 2011 was the third year I did this for the kids. The first year of doing this I made two mech costumes: a Thanatos and a Stormcrow (or Ryoken). They can be found at the same Youtube channel if you want to see those in action. The year after I made a Battlemaster, also available to watch on Youtube...same bat channel. That video offers abit more of a "How to" component as well, for anyone else who wants to try this out (and has about 3 weeks to devote to this before halloween).

The costumes are all made with corrugated cardboard (box cardboard), and are remarkably robust. We still have them all...

Nosports

Sep 10, 2004
I think that was a triggerhappy kid ;-)

but i wounder how to drink, eat, and trick or treath ;-)

ok ok the last is obvious

inky

Jun 24, 2011
Coast of S. Texas
This is way beyond awesome. You are the dad of the year, dad of the century. I can think of a few things that would make it even better like red lights in the gun barrels and sound effects but all in all this is down right bad ass. That is one lucky kid to have a cool dad like you.

Z

Zathros

Heck, I'd like something similar to ride around on my motorcycle with!!