Munsters Coach, someone please design it!!!

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by thewoodengraver, Apr 19, 2006.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I will eat a bug if someone designed the Munsters "Coach" (the family car) or even Grandpa's "coffin" Dragster, but MOSTLY the coach. How about YOU Webdude??? you're a brainy son of a gun, I bet you could pull it off, c'mon, give it a try!
    If anyone has any information regarding the possibility of this model please let me know.
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That would make an excellent model!
    Another good one would be the Munster's mansion!
  3. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have been off and on working on this one for a couple of years now. Since I hand draw (actually, draw using TurboCAD) all my models, there are some things about the Munster's Coach which I have a hard time figuring out. But if I finish it before someone else does a version of it, I'll let you all in on it. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the one released by whoever did the one I didn't do. 8v)
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I wonder if we will see any pics of someone eating a bug?
  5. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Did some one say mansion!!!!!

Attached Files:

6. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

I am attempting to take a self-imposed break from wheeled vehicles for a time. (Counting the Deathmobile I turned out a dozen last year........:shock: )
    I'd like to see Ash's and am quite patient enough to wait for it.
  7. silverw

silverw Member

8. thewoodengraver

All Hail Poobah!!! Thanx Ashrunner!!! C'mon, you can do it buddy!!!Yes I WILL eat a bug when someone designs this, but in order to show a pic HERE it will have to be a cardmodel bug.
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Ok Allhallowseve,
    That's a great pic! Where do I go to get that model? I love it!
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

11. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Go ahead and eat bugs...they've got a lot of protein in them. During my tour of duty at the USAF Survival School, bugs were considered a gormet meal when you had enough of them 8v)

I'll move the Munster Coach to a higher priority. I currently have four models sitting on top of the queue - two almost finished and two I am stuck on. So while I "thunk" on the sticky models, I'll work on the Munster Coach. The engine was what was giving me problems before. It was a 289 Cobra bored to 425 cid. It was built with Jahns high compression pistons, 10 chrome plated Stromberg carburators, an Isky cam and had a set of Bobby Barr racing headers. I definitely won't get that detailed with the engine, but thought those of you who wanted to know but didn't, would like to know.

Anyway, we might hit 70 here for the first time this year, and I don't want to be inside in front of a computer working on models. Soooo...

Ashrunner
  12. thewoodengraver

I figure 6 months has been long enough to let this go...hope I don't get sued for harassment! CMON Ashrunner...or somebody else cooler...(if that is possible!) PLEEEEEEEASE design this AWESOME MODEL!!! I WILL eat a great big juicy bug!!! A REAL one this time.

Everybody CHANT with me..."Munsters Coach...Munsters Coach...".
  13. thewoodengraver

I figure 6 months has been long enough to let this go...hope I don't get sued for harassment! CMON Ashrunner...or somebody else cooler...(if that is possible!) PLEEEEEEEASE design this AWESOME MODEL!!! I WILL eat a great big juicy bug!!! A REAL one this time.

Everybody CHANT with me..."Munsters Coach...Munsters Coach...".
  14. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

I remember building the Muster coach in plastic as a kid. Are you using a real example like that, or do you have to go by pictures? Seriously, I don't know how you guys do this stuff, hats off!

Rick

15. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

I remember building the Muster coach in plastic as a kid. Are you using a real example like that, or do you have to go by pictures? Seriously, I don't know how you guys do this stuff, hats off!

Rick

16. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have been designing it by photos from the show. Not a lot of great views of the coach available. I have seen some good photos of either a rebuilt/refurbished/reconditioned coach, which was either base on, or the one used in later shows. It doesn't look the same as the original coach in the black and white shows. The black and white model is the one I like and the one I am working on.

I want to make this model fairly detailed, yet fairly easy to make. I haven't spent a lot of time designing lately...been too nice of a summer. However, with Winter approaching the Pacific Northwest and my photo shooting hours dwindling, designing will be the order of the day.
  17. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have been designing it by photos from the show. Not a lot of great views of the coach available. I have seen some good photos of either a rebuilt/refurbished/reconditioned coach, which was either base on, or the one used in later shows. It doesn't look the same as the original coach in the black and white shows. The black and white model is the one I like and the one I am working on.

I want to make this model fairly detailed, yet fairly easy to make. I haven't spent a lot of time designing lately...been too nice of a summer. However, with Winter approaching the Pacific Northwest and my photo shooting hours dwindling, designing will be the order of the day.
  18. thewoodengraver

AWESOME...Thank you. Yep, that's what I figured, you wanted to play outside whilst it was warm. Me too...got almost nothing important done...except my tan.lol
  19. thewoodengraver

AWESOME...Thank you. Yep, that's what I figured, you wanted to play outside whilst it was warm. Me too...got almost nothing important done...except my tan.lol
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Uhhhhh Phil - we saw your pic - you got ZERO tan :p
    Chris