Multiple DCC Units

Bob Collins

I'm looking at the posdsibility of buying a three unit diesel with all units being powered. Is it possible/feasible to run them together using decoders?

Bob

rockislandmike

Don't have DCC myself *YET*, Bob, but all the research I've done indicates that's one of the things it does best - most systems have the ability to link all the units into one "multiple unit consist", and run it as such. Tons of pulling power.

wendell

yes it is but need run at the same speed and if you have reversloops that reveres polirty(bad spelling) all engines need decoders if units are mu'd to getter all a time you could program to same address. allso with decoders you can adjust the engines speed until they match each other Wendell

IMRL393

YES !

Having said that, the EASE of doing such consists depends on the DCC system. My understanding is that the Digitrax systems do this well - one of the reasons I opted for the new Zephyr.

I recommend you look up specific information about just how to do this in each system before you decide. Or ask those who have a specific system just how easy it is to do.

- George

Bob Collins

George;

I have the Digitrax Super Chief. I'll have to find the book and see what it might have to say.

Many Thanks

Bob

Jim de Bree

Bob:

I have an NCE system and it really easy to program a consist of locos for MU operation. I am sure that Digitrax has comparable features.

Jim

rockislandmike

George, you have the Zephyr ???? That's the one I'm looking at, what do you think so far. I'm thinking about hooking one up in the spring (or maybe at Xmas depending on how much casholas I get for gifts - gotta love having three sets of parents !! )

IMRL393

Originally posted by Bob Collins
George;

I have the Digitrax Super Chief. I'll have to find the book and see what it might have to say.

Many Thanks

Bob

Ah ... when all else fails, read the instructions!

My usual operating mode !!!

;)

Good luck!

Let us know how it works out !!!

- George

Bob Collins

Thanks Phil and all of you. I found the pages as Phil described. Now all I have to do is come up with the scratch to buy the loco:D

Bob