Mrr Dvd

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.
Well, this month I never recieved my MRR mag, so I called and had it within a week. And today when I got home I was pleasantly surprised to see a small box, yes, box, with the Model Railroader logo. It is my first DVD in the Dream, Plan, Build series of DVD's from MRR. Ever DVD costs $9.95 and comes with a collectors coin. You pay for every DVD. I have not watched it all yet, but have previewed some of it as they encourage you to do. I think I will get it, it would appear to have well over an hour on it. Anybody else get this offer, or are they telling the truth when they say I am a specialy selected valued customer?

N

nachoman

From what I read over at the model railroader forums, everyone gets that dvd. I hear they have new dvds every few weeks.

Kevin

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I got it a couple of years ago. In fact, a lot of us here got it right around the same time. It was ok. More like a sampler, with teasers.
Since it was unsolicited, I didn't pay for it. I kept getting bills for the $9.95, until I called and told them that because it was unsolicited, By law, I didn't have to pay for it...(Got a NASCAR DVD too, the same way).They were quite cordial, and didn't fight, or push a sales pitch, just said "OK..We'll take you off the list".
Gave it to a friend, who actually got the library. I borrow them from time to time.
I still have the coin....Somewhere....

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, I got one as a "valued subscriber" when it first came out. :rolleyes: They sent it unannounced and asked to either keep it and pay for it or send it back. The also urged me to subscribe to get one every month. I played a few minutes of it and that's all, I figure it was more than I was willing to pay since I had no idea how many were in the series. Then I lost track of it and couldn't send it back if I wanted to, so after about the third nag letter, I called and told them I didn't know where it was, and they stopped nagging. A few months later I found it in my laptop case.:eek:ops: :eek:ops: I have yet to play it through.

Probably some very good stuff there, but very expensive in the long run. As I recall, there was a discussion here since a lot of members got one at the time.

N

nachoman

Well, DVDs like this are great when you are hung up on the couch ill, stuck on a business trip and not in the mood to watch the tube in the hotel room, family members having a social gathering in the other room that you don't feel like participating in...:D

Kevin

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.
Well, seems to be mixed reactions, this particular one has subjects of interest to me, and so I think Ill keep it. It says I should get one every few months and that I can watch before I chose to purchase, it could be like renting, only for free, but heck I pay enough to get the mag.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Well, seems to be mixed reactions, this particular one has subjects of interest to me, and so I think Ill keep it. It says I should get one every few months and that I can watch before I chose to purchase, it could be like renting, only for free, but heck I pay enough to get the mag.
Just a suspicion, and I don't know of anyone that this has happened to, but I'm betting that if you send one back, they put an * next to your name. Send a second one back and that'll be the last one you get...Publishers don't like that rent-for-free stuff.:cry:

iis612

Dec 26, 2006
Chicago Burbs
I got it about a month ago. I watched it and found some of it interesting, while the rest of it was quite outdated.
I didn't send it back, but I intend to.

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.

I watched quite a bit of it last night but I was REALLY tired and my eyes keep closing. I am still learning in this hobby, and found quite a bit of good info. There was some with a man who is modeling northern MN (Im doing the DMIR) and I saw an ore dock. So it gets my:thumb:. Also, a very good section on painting backdrops, which is what im doing.​