Mr Rogers' Neighborhood Trolley

CRed

Cannonball said:
Well, CRed e-mailed PBS, so I'm sure he will post the reply if he gets one.
If they don't know, it may be lost to the anals of history.

And I shall,here is the response I recieved from PBS....

Chris,
We received the email message you sent through our PBS Neighborhood web site. The Trolley from the Neighborhood program, along with all of the props and set pieces have been careful placed in storage. We have kept everything from the Neighborhood series incase we need it for future projects. We are continuing the work at the nonprofit company that Fred Rogers founded (Family Communications, Inc.) If you'd like to know more about the work of FCI, you can visit our web site at www.fci.org.
We appreciate your interest (and that of the fellow members of your model RR forum) in the Neighborhood Trolley.
Sincerely,
Brittany

Chris

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Well, From what i heard, The trolley is in storage with the rest (as the last post says).
They (bachman??) made a replica ( G gauge) that was sold about 10 years ago
I bought one then sold it on e-bay, last year, after enjoying it for all those years :)
Gave some "younger kid" a chance to enjoy it :D
g039.jpg

The reason for the HO and the G was the HO 'behaved" when you towed it on the set...
Reason?? you're filming (yes film) a scene where the Trolley has to move and
be at a certain place "on cue"... try that with any engine (non DCC) and try it
3 - 4 times and have it get to the "Exact" same place at the same speed, every
time....... yeah surrrrre.... in G it gets worse to time these things.....

The HO on a string was "perfect' for the cameras and the G powered behind
the couch and on the trestle (castle) were great as a "Single shot" -
plenty of room for error shots :)

........ at least that's the way I heard it LOL

CRed

And I bet you got a pretty penny for it too,eh?I could imagine what the original would get on E-Bay,needless to say I wouldn't be able to afford it!

chris

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Mr. Rogers was a cool guy that lived just down the road on Mr. Rogers Road. No kidding it was located off Rt 30 between Latrobe and Ligonier. I see you have your answer and it is still all in storage. Though if your lucky you can make a trip to ride on Mr. Rogers larger train through Mister Rogers' Neighborhood of Make-Believe.

Yes there is another MR. Rigers neighborhood that is still alive and going strong.

Try the link and scroll half way down.

http://www.idlewild.com/in_the_park/

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
CRed said:
And I shall,here is the response I recieved from PBS....

Chris,
We received the email message you sent through our PBS Neighborhood web site. The Trolley from the Neighborhood program, along with all of the props and set pieces have been careful placed in storage. We have kept everything from the Neighborhood series incase we need it for future projects. We are continuing the work at the nonprofit company that Fred Rogers founded (Family Communications, Inc.) If you'd like to know more about the work of FCI, you can visit our web site at www.fci.org.
We appreciate your interest (and that of the fellow members of your model RR forum) in the Neighborhood Trolley.
Sincerely,
Brittany

Chris
That makes me a little sad.
It's just sitting in a box instead of out somewhere that kids could be enjoying it.
:(

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Renovo PPR said:
Mr. Rogers was a cool guy that lived just down the road on Mr. Rogers Road. No kidding it was located off Rt 30 between Latrobe and Ligonier. I see you have your answer and it is still all in storage. Though if your lucky you can make a trip to ride on Mr. Rogers larger train through Mister Rogers' Neighborhood of Make-Believe.

Yes there is another MR. Rigers neighborhood that is still alive and going strong.

Try the link and scroll half way down.

http://www.idlewild.com/in_the_park/
That's kind of cool. :)

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
mr.rogers was always cool!espeially to the little ones.they should have a special layout just for his trolley to run and let kids see what they missed.it is such a shame for it to just sit in a box,even if they bring all of it back and have a different guy it will never be the same.