MR E-mag, contributers welcome...

RonP

Member of the WMRC
Now this could be considered me hitting on Stripes effort. I am in no way trying to step on any feet. I have requested permission to do this from the mods here and hope someone will pan out.

I am looking for contributers offering stories and pictures on
  • scratchbuilds
  • layout construction
  • kit builds
  • kitbashes
  • electronics design and installation
Contributing to a website is easier then one thinks. writing an article also is easy to. I have a template for articles, I found it on the web and I am going to reproduce it here for everyone even Stripes efforts.

This document is from a very nice website I have grown to appreciate greatly. I have only edited one bit (removed his email) and hope at least a few of you goto this site and see its merits.

This is the build report template for AgapeModels.com. All sections don't need info*, they are just a suggested framework to help get you started. Please fill out as much info as you have available for the kit details.

*Please DO fill out a brief one or two paragraph bio... who you are, location/region; modeling history; job or family notes

A note on the tone of the report: Face it- some kits are a stinker for some folks, and others love the same kit. And AgapeModels.com is first and foremost an outreach ministry to honor God. You don't have to gloss over problems, or ignore them. But aim to be positive and objective. Please do not use a build report to blast a manufacturer or kit. If the fit has some gaps, simply state that- "the fuselage had some fairly large gaps", then state how you dealt with them. In your conclusion, don't call any kit junk..... again, be objective. A kit can be a challenge, it can even be not recommended.... but certainly that can be stated in an objective- and kind- manner.

Photos: Please include photos. Send in larger, unedited photos if possible. I'll handle cropping, optimizing, etc. A good mix of full kit shots from several angles, plus close-ups of details are always helpful. It's better to send too many photos than too few.

Kit:
Maker/Scale/Kit name
Kit Number:
Usually on the box
Price:
If available
Decals:
If stock decals are used, please list as "kit decals" and then some detail, such as "3 options" or "markings for 3 aircraft-" and maybe describe very briefly the markings. If aftermarket decals, list maker set number.
Reviewer:
Your name (email optional)
Notes:
Any notes you'd like to add

History:
You can include some history on the subject, as general or specific as you desire. If you'd prefer not to give any history, that's fine also. Keep in mind, history can also be your history- memories building the kit as a child, how the kit was acquired, etc. It's up to you!

The Kit:
General impressions of the kit, what's in the box, quality of the molding and parts and decals, obvious problems or nice features, number of parts, packaging- basically any impressions you have of the kit. This can be detailed or just a sentence or two.

The Build:
This is totally subjective. It can be as detailed or as brief as you want. Obviously, the more detail about your building experience, the more interest there is for the reader. Highlight things you encountered- ways you dealt with a gap in parts, or scratch building you may have done. How did the parts go together? Basically, think about what you would like to know if you were reading someone else's work.

Painting:
Detail any colors you used, even the brand. Techniques for masking, ways you handled hard to reach areas, things you wish you would have done, etc. Point out any specail techniques you used, if applicable. More specific information is better. Instead of "I airbrushed on OD Green", try "I used a Badger 100LG medium tip airbrush and applied a coat of PollyScale OD Green." Of course, after that, you can abbreviate or not mention brands, if they don't change. I suggest this not to push any brand, but to help people understand how you got the results you did.

Decals:
Describe the decals, how well they went down, color registration, thickness, reaction to solutions, etc. Also provide information on the kit decals (even if they're not used on your build) and any aftermarket decals you may have used.

Final assembly:
This is where you start wrapping things up. List any parts you added on, final finishing and weathering, etc. Lessons learned also- "I should have done such-and-such before adding the whatever..."

Conclusions:
Wrap it up. Describe your overall feelings, and try to convey how enjoyable the build was, and any other thoughts.

Bio:
Tell a little about who you are, where you live (doesn't have to be your address- city or general region is fine), your modeling history. Feel free to include family info, career info, whatever suits you. Keep it to one or two short paragraphs in general.