MR Club in Calgary?????

CN1

May 6, 2003
Well? Is there any? I sent an e-mail to one early
this summer. Didn't get any reply.:confused: :confused:

Must be because I'm new or something, or maybe because
I do not edithd my rambllling four spel ling herrors:p :rolleyes:

Well, well, well! I guess I'll start one:rolleyes: An exclusive club of one. Me!:(

Giddy up!

CN1

May 6, 2003
No kidding! To drown out the voices I started drinking. We are much better now.

We thank you for your reply..... Hey!what da ya mean "shut-up??...no! YOU! shut-up!!!......let go!!!.... GUYS! GUYS! Guys have a drink!!........(many voices in unisson:) THANK YOU!!....

Ben H

Nov 22, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Calgary has a number of clubs, some great model and train shops and a big annual train show that gets 25,000 people to attend.

What they don't seem to have is many people who are interested in the Internet as far as creating Web pages or listing things for sale.

This is the address of one shop I have used when visiting Calgary - its great huge inventory. The others are listed in the phone book but not on the Internet ( at least I haven't found them.

If you want info I would suggest calling them - they may like to talk direct as opposed to email.

CHINOOK AND HOBBY WEST
5011 MACLEOD TRAIL S.W.
CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA , T2G 0A9
243-1997 1-877-525-5785 (TOLL FREE)
1-403-243-7782 (FAX)
hobbywest@shaw.ca

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
Originally posted by CN1
Well? Is there any? I sent an e-mail to one early
this summer. Didn't get any reply.:confused: :confused:

Must be because I'm new or something, or maybe because
I do not edithd my rambllling four spel ling herrors:p :rolleyes:

Well, well, well! I guess I'll start one:rolleyes: An exclusive club of one. Me!:(

Giddy up!

Well, if the one you sent the e-mail to is like one of them down here in the Dallas area, they proabably never check their incoming e-mails. Or think someone else is going to do it so nobody does it. And then have trouble trying to figure out why they aren't growing! Go figure.

Hope you get the MPD thing figured out!

Down the road.. or would that be down the rail....

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Judy,
Had a chance, some years back, to visit the Texas Western model railroad club. They were at 6807 Anglin Drive, Fort Worth. The club phone # was (817) 478 0410, and they met Thursday, and Saturday. The layout was HO, and HOn3. Also did some local railfanning with a couple of the club members.
Pete

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
Pete

Not sure about the club that you've mentioned, but I know that there are some good clubs over that way. I'm a little too far from Fort Worth. I really would like to be part of a club, but I just wish I had better hours. What are the chances that I could find a club that meets from Midnight to 2 or 3 am? I'm guessing pretty slim. I feel that it would be great to get together with a bunch of others and learn more.

I joked on another forum that maybe I would start my own club. How knows, maybe I will....someday.:D