MPD plans

Have you seen the plan already, or do you have a plan selected? Bendtrack has quite a few standards, and i think you'd be hardpressed to make a normal trackplan fit a bendtrack module and still remain within the standards. I'm part of a large bendtrack club, and i know the challenges and constraints of modules.

Later
AR

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Tyson, MPD is Motive Power Depot, a locomotive shed with facilities.
Ross: I don't know a site, bit I remember one plan (in a Peco book?) where the Engine shed was mostly on the backscene, with the storage tracks out front for display. You could try this, or modify by running the tracks through the backscene to a form of fiddle yard.

Bendtrack is simaler to (and IMHO, better than) N-Trak, but it's quite different. 2-track mainline on either side of the module (4 mainlines in total) on a 2-foot wide module, with 2 sets of 2 tracks near the outter edge of the module. It's hard to explain briefly, and i don't have the link handy, but when i do, i'll post a longer explination.

Later
AR

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
ah but we arent going to conform totally to bend-track standards and my MPD module is going to be one of the baloon loop end modules with the MPD section going over the top of the mainlines (therby effectively hiding them)

and no ATM i dont have a trackplan in mind, i just want something thats not offensively huge or complex, i suppose a seconday depot or rebuild shop would be good rather than a major depot.

http://home.alltel.net/ah50902/graphics_bt/photos_bt/yardfacility.jpg
something like that would be good

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
either really, but its going to be an American layout - some other members are using the Ayr coast line as thier prototype for track plans, just moving the stock to US rather than british