Moveable Stageing question........

Hello everyone, i have searched this site but cant seem to find any info on building portable or moveable stageing. Does anyone know of any info or pictures on how i might do this? Thanks!:wave:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Hi Steve,

I did a search on portable staging using google's advanced search for our site and only came up with four or so...one being about my own carfloat! :)

It seems there might not be much here yet but I'll bet folks will have some ideas. I have a carfloat that I use as an "off layout" source of freight cars. Had I been thinking I could have made a few of these and designed them as "cassettes" full of cars to load onto the layout.
Ralph

Nomad

Try to find sites or forums that are more British. They have staging and fiddle track down to a science.

Loren

Russ Bellinis

I think I would use "cassettes" with tracks for staged trains. You could then build a small cart that the cassettes would be set on top of that would then line up with a track on the main layout. You could actually have more than one cassette stacked on brackets under the layout and then interchange them on the cart for different consists. I think I would also make some sort of "draw bridge" to bridge over to the cart and cassettes so that it could be stored in the "up" position to keep trains from taking the "big drop" to the floor when the cassette is not in position.