Most recent weathering projects

foulrift

Bob
May 2, 2008
Phillipsburg,NJ
Here are two weathering projects that I have been working on.
The first is a Rix Products early era highway overpass.I base coated it with Floquil concrete,then a coat of Poly Scale aged concrete.For the weathering I used inexpensive craft paint.Rain gray and a medium brown.I mixed approx. 1/3 of the brown into a whole bottle of the gray and cut it with water.It was thin but not real thin.When I brushed it on I noticed gray streaks in it and I liked the look so I left it alone.For the oil streaks on the roadway I made a thin wash using Poly Scale oily black.I wiped as much off in a paper towel as I could and dry brushed it on. I also added dirt next to the curb and support bases.
The second one is a concrete platform for my team track area. It was weathered the same as the overpass except I added rust stains on the foundation because there is an angle band around the platform.Bob
overpass-1.jpg

platform.jpg

N

nachoman

Great job on both. :D I especially like the overpass. I have driven over many that seem to like just like that one.

Kevin

logicman

Greybeard
Apr 30, 2008
Kent, UK.
Nice job!

The brand names don't mean much here in the UK, but I get the picture.

You've done an excellent job with the rust at the base of the flyover.
(Translation: UK flyover = USD 3000000000000)sign1

Most people overlook the fact that rain bounces up at the bottoms of walls, etc. Nice to see a keen observer at work.

:wave:

foulrift

Bob
May 2, 2008
Phillipsburg,NJ
Thanks again for the replies.They mean a lot to me. And yes they are HO.I am planning on re-shooting some of the other projects that I have dome and plan on posting them.Thanks again-Bob
doctorwayne-check your pm's