Most Annoying

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
YEAH! I GOT ONE!!!

Paying $350 for a brass D&RGW K-27 by Sunset and then discovering that its got PLASTIC GEARS in the gearbox. :mad: :mad: That's enough to PO "The Good Humor Man":eek: :eek: :p :p

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Ditto on Mike's - and add Kato locos to the handrail/stanchions/hoses list!

Just got a Athearn Genesis SD70M in UP colors - love the loco (and headlights!), but dread starting on it!

One reason to love P2K and Atlas Master locos !!!

- George

Edavillenut

Aug 4, 2002
pepperell, ma
www.lighthousehobbies.com
i hate the heat and low roofs. my layout is in my attic i am 6' 4" and the roof at the coller ties is only 5' 8" the neck and back hurt after being up there for a while and the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter really drives me nuts.:mad:

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
I've got two for now:

Cleaning the track (using alcohol that works GREAT) and leaving that one turnout yet to be wired in the wrong direction - sending my loco into the bumper. <smash>

An old little brass engine a friend gave me is giving me fits trying to keep it running.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Having to first remove, and then replace, the numbers on rolling stock, and locomotives.

Having to replace the broken plastic grab irons with metal, and then trying to find a paint that matches the original.

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Having to tear down the railroad, pack it up, salvage as much as I can and load into a U-Haul to a new house. That's the worst...
I've had to move due to my (former) employer 8 times in 5 years. Now I'm with a new company and haven't had to move in 2 1/2 years so it's "Serious Modeling Time"!:D :D :p :p :) :D :D

Matt--Chocolatetown, Pa. (and I ain't budging!!)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
OK,.... My turn.... :)

How about that One "stinking, lousy" turnout that, no matter what you do, no matter what you sand, file, align, or bend. Constantly derails the 5th car of the train. Until you get so "miffed" you replace it....

This is an "N" scale and an "G" scale thing.. :mad: :mad:

Happened to me in both Gauges!!

~~ Mikey

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
That little tiny spring loaded washer you took out ever so gently, put it nicely aside in a safe place where it won't get lost. Pick it up with tweezers to put it back together and **POING** it's gone for ever in the ether of who knows where across the room.......... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Woodie!!!

Woodie!! -- You reminded me of another One:

When You're working on anything, and you lay that small part or tool down. "Just for a dog-gone SECOND" and you go to pick it back up.......

And it's Gone!!!!!!

BTW - those little "e" clips are called "Jesus Clips" -- From the technicians handbook. --- "Jesus where did that go now????"

ROFL :D :D :) :D :D

~~ Mikey

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
You have installed that decoder or another thing in the locomotive. You check, open-case, that all works before close it. All seems to be OK. You have a HAAARD time closing the d**n thing and, just after you put it on the rails, you realize that something (the lights, the loco itself, or another thing that worked before closing the loco) have just 'gone off on holidays'.
GRRRR :mad:

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
That spring on the KD coupler! :mad: I hate replacing the lost springs . :mad: I think I would much rather put handrails on a Athearn engine any day then replace one spring. !:D