More time for the layout

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Now I have plenty of time to work on my layout...NOT BY CHOICE:mad:
I'm officially out of an occupation.
Only in the restaurant business can you be promoted and in the next breath laid off!!
So now, inbetween e-mailing and faxing resumes and waiting for phone calls, I've been ballasting, painting hills and clouds on the backdrop (ala-Gavin Miller). and slinging a little plaster here and there. Also got a new Walthers structure kit to complete and a barn to scratchbuild.

WISH ME LUCK!!!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Sorry...

Sorry to hear about the job situation, Matt...
Hopefully some of those "clouds" will have a silver lining! :)

Hang in there!
Good luck!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by Matt Probst
Only in the restaurant business can you be promoted and in the next breath laid off!!
Sorry to hear about your predicament. We've all gone through it at one time or another and could use all the support we could get. I know it's not reassuring to know, but what happened to you isn't specific to the restaurant business, it can happen in all businesses and generally does.

Anyway, I wish you the best at finding something quickly that you want and will enjoy doing.....:) Oh, and that it pays you more than you were getting at the job you just had.:D

Don

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the job, Matt. One our friends was named "sales person of the year" and fired before she could take her trip to Hawaii. :mad:
Now is the time to perfect your scartchbuilding skills -- you need projects that involve little expense but lots of time. Eat your Wheaties and save the box!

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Five years ago the IRS ate us out of house and home. We lost everything. We had to up and move 1200 miles and live with the parents. In God's good grace, they didn't get my family, my tools or my trains. Not exactly a self-esteem builder but, with 20/20 hindsight, it was the best thing that could have happened to us. Keep the faith, you'd be amazed at what you can build from shirt cardboard and match sticks. You and yours are in our prayers...

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Charlie, Chris, Don, Tyson, David, Shaygetz, Paul:........
Thanks for the words of encouragement folks! It is kind of nice to be able to be at home more often but not so nice for the Mrs. as she has had to ask for more hours at her part time job to help supplement income while we're waiting for unemployment compensation to kick in. That leaves me as "Mr. Mom" caring for our son as well as becoming adept at using the vacuum, the dusting spray, the Windex etc. etc. etc.!!!!
(And I thought the pressure was off my shoulders....:rolleyes: LOL!)

" Hey Zach... How about a 3rd bowl of cereal this morning! I need that empty Rice Krispies box!!!" later....."Honestly honey, I don't know why he won't eat his supper, but check out this neat warehouse I built today!....

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I hope...

...the best for ya Matt.

I was clobbered after 9/11. Drained my savings- nearly lost my house (and still might). Finally returned to work as a bootlicker/brown noser in good standing @ half the price.

Don't let this happen to you-

Mark:D

P.S. Feed your son something with lots of sugar in it and send him over to the neighbor's house- you'd get a lot more done on that layout! It worked for my mom and I had fun breaking other kid's toys! Just kidding of course- I chalk it up to having to listen to mothers with children sending their kids out to play just to get them out of the house:eek:.

Attachments

• goinggones.jpg
    goinggones.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 59