Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by MasonJar

See, Don, there you go, you're catchin' on way quicker than you thought... :D

Now I feel stupid :rolleyes:
Neah, the hard one was LPB's. :)

Sheesh, LPB's, E'odes, bug brushes, I didn't think that MRR was that technical.:confused::rolleyes: :eek:

Oh hey, a true story regarding "bug" things:

We were playing poker and I was heading to get another brewskie when one guy asked me to get him one. Since he didn't say what kind, I kinda instinctively grabbed a yellow "bug" light that was sitting on top of the 'fridge. I handed him the bulb, and he says, "Hey, I wanted a Bud Light, not a Bug Light:D :D :D :D

Well, I think it was funny.... :p

D:cool: N

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by ezdays
I wanted a Bud Light, not a Bug Light:D :D :D :D

Well, I think it was funny.... :p

D:cool: N

"NO!" said the proctologist, "I said I wanted a BUTT light!"
:D ;) :p :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
In order to get this Thread "back on Track" (if that's possible) :D

I cut balsa wood to size, painted it flat black, glued it in place. Then mixed the aquarium gravel with glue & spread it on top of the balsa wood. :D

I'm submitting the following.. Thanks for the idea Andrew. :) :)

Attachments

• coalcar 2sm.jpg
    coalcar 2sm.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 157

XavierJ123

Dec 17, 2004
Lexington, Kentucky
This is the kind of stuff I love. Thanks for the great ideas. The coal doesn't really look that black in the pics. Perhaps the picture doesn't do it justice. I wonder if I can use real coal since I live in Kentucky. There are plenty of black gold veins nearby.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
XavierJ123 said:
This is the kind of stuff I love. Thanks for the great ideas. The coal doesn't really look that black in the pics. Perhaps the picture doesn't do it justice. I wonder if I can use real coal since I live in Kentucky. There are plenty of black gold veins nearby.

Real coal is what Tony Koester used on the old Allagheny Midland.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thanks for diggin this "oldy-but-a-goody" up again guys!

The "coal" is black aquarium gravel, and it is really black and a bit shiny, just like the real thing. It is just as black as the NKP hopper, but the picture doesn't show it that way for some reason.

Will - for N scale, go at it with a hammer for a bit, or simply screen out the larger bits.

Andrew