More removable "E"oads...

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Here are a few pictures of a couple of loads I made up. This first is a coal load made from a chunk of blue foam, black craft paint, and aquarium gravel.

Carve the foam to fit. Paint liberally with black craft paint from the dollar store. Sprinkle on black aquarium gravel (also from the dollar store) while the paint is still wet. Let dry.

That's it.

Attachments

• coal load out sm.jpg
    coal load out sm.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 659

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Flat car load

This is a flat car load of scale 6"x6"x18' timbers. They are actually craft sticks (about 1000 for $3). Slightly smaller and longer than matches, and "finished" better too.

Picture was taken at "sunset" ;)

All models are HO scale.

Andrew

Attachments

• flat with lumber sm.jpg
    flat with lumber sm.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 656

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Nice stuff Andrew, fun to do as well. Just one thing, since I still haven't graduated from Newbie Tech, could someone tell me what Eoad stands for?:confused: Loads, yes, Eoads, dunno:rolleyes:

Hmm, first LBP's, now Eoads. Will I every learn this stuff....:) :)

Don

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thanks

Thanks for the comments guys...

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
The typo part is right Andrew, but I'm pretty sure it was Charlie's.
Thanks for the correction...

Still can't figure it out though because the L and the E are not close together on the keyboard. :confused: :eek: :D
I kinda wondered that when I wrote the explanation .... :confused:

Andrew

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
The typo part is right Andrew, but I'm pretty sure it was Charlie's. Still can't figure it out though because the L and the E are not close together on the keyboard. :confused: :eek: :D

Yeah, Yeah...It was me!:eek: :D :p :rolleyes: :D
"Removable Eoads", "Bug Brushes", "Loading Socks", "Wood Sises Goindolas"...:eek: :D :rolleyes: ...yep, all products of my ham-fisted typing technique! :rolleyes:
Hey, while everyone else was in typing class, I was hangin' out in the back parking lot! ;) And y'know, Tyson, if ya spend too long doin' that stuff, the L & the E can be just about anywhere!:p :eek: :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by Charlie

Yeah, Yeah...It was me!:eek: :D :p :rolleyes: :D
"Removable Eoads", "Bug Brushes", "Loading Socks", "Wood Sises Goindolas"...:eek: :D :rolleyes: ...yep, all products of my ham-fisted typing technique! :rolleyes:
Hey, while everyone else was in typing class, I was hangin' out in the back parking lot! ;) And y'know, Tyson, if ya spend too long doin' that stuff, the L & the E can be just about anywhere!:p :eek: :D
Geeze, it's bad enough to learning a whole new vocabulary without having to filter out stuff like this.:eek: :eek: Me, I paid attention in typing class, it was spelling class where I spent my time in the parking lot....:p :p :p :p

Ya got me on this one;)

Don

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by Charlie

was hangin' out in the back parking lot! ;) And y'know, Tyson, if ya spend too long doin' that stuff, the L & the E can be just about anywhere!:p :eek: :D

Ahhhhhmmmmmm just what did we smoke out in that parking lot??? :D :D :D

My bigest typo problem is my right hand constanly tries to outrun the left. 99% of my "the"s come out "hte" and I get sick of editing them and just leave 'em broke. Write slopy and ya can't tell I can't spell :)