More questions about copying

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by BARX2, Apr 8, 2009.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I just bought Hobby Model #57 from Krys and this thing is huge! I've built some large models recently, but would like to build this at 1:96, instead of 1:48. My scanner can only handle Letter/A4 size paper, so I'm thinking of taking it to Kinkos and reducing it on a color copier. I've got some questions.

1) Anyone know if Kinkos has a problem with copying a hard-copy model like this?

2) Is it OK to bring your own paper (card stock) to use in a machine at Kinkos?

That's all I can think of at this time, but your responses will probably raise further questions. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. sneaker

sneaker Member

I have not had a problem with Kinko's copying a hard copy, especially when making a size change, but I have only done that twice. I have always brought my own card stock, never had a problem with that. especially when I tell them what it is for, then it becomes "how cool". However your mileage may vary, they have always been good to me :thumb:
  3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

The one I'll go to is right outside a large college campus, so they're either used to turning a blind eye to copying, or just the opposite. I'll let you know how it goes.
  4. THE DC

THE DC Member

Kinkos woes

It depends upon the setting. Some Kinkos will not let you use your own paper and some will not let you use cardstock in self-printers. Some won't let you copy anything they suspect is copyrighted; other will only with a release.

To be honest, it's a difficult prediction having more to do with who's on duty than what the company requires.

:eek:

Be wary....be very warry! :mrgreen:

The DC
  5. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Well, it went great. The guy who helped me couldn't care less what I was copying. I was able to use my own card stock, too. The copies look great. Can't wait to build it! :)
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

They won't make copies of anything that's copyrighted. You can copy something like 30% of a book if it's for educational purposes.

I tried to get a free model printed and it had the word copyright on it. They refused to print it despite the fact that I had it listed with several others and quoted for price.

Just don't be upset when they tell you no-go. If they do it, be pleasantly surprised. =)