" More powerful than a locomotive "

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Ok Boys and Girls, I need some help here for a friend of mine that is a Superman fan.
Does anyone know the make and model of the locomotives used in the original, "Adventures of Superman"..

The only info that I have gotten so far is :

"The train seen in the opening sequence for the first 2 seasons is a streamline steam locomotive. Starting with the 3rd season which were filmed in color, a modern diesel locomotive was seen instead."

Now for extra credit, Pictures are worth a thousand words.. - lol I have tried to stop the DVD to get a snapshot but to no avail.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation with this matter.

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Yikes : I think I answered my own question

:thumb: <
< Superman Locomotive -

At the beginning of each episode of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN/SYN/1953-57, the announcer introduced the program by saying "more powerful than a locomotive" to describe the super-strength of Superman, an alien being from the planet Krypton. The original series featured a black and white shot of a smoke-belching locomotive speeding down the rails. On the color episodes a Southern Pacific diesel engine was shown.

Numbers still unknown :cry:

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
I always thought it was a GS-4 or something similar because of the way the wheels were covered. It was obviously a passenger steam locomotive but Im not really sure. Superman acted as one of the rails to save a train. Maybe he likes trains more than us cause I would NEVER get underneath and act as a rail to a fast moving train. . Thats hardcore.

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
SeriousSam said:
Maybe he likes trains more than us cause I would NEVER get underneath and act as a rail to a fast moving train. . Thats hardcore.

You're right! That is SERIOUS hardcore.sign1