More pictures...

Uteram

I have more pictrures to share of the my layout. Since I don't have the ability to directly post images yet, click on the link below to take you to my Yahoo Photo Album to see how the layout is progressing.

Uteram's layout

As you can see, I've began scenicking the canyon area and have built bents for the trestles. The foreground trestle should be completed by the end of this weekend.

Also, I've discovered a dried plant that works great as Aspens with Fall foliage. It's called "Candy Tuft-Natural" and I discovered it at Michael's Crafts last night while picking up other supplies. It works great right out of the bag. I'll post some pictures soon of some Aspens I'll have planted.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Uteram,
It's hard to tell from the photos, are you going to "blast rock" to set the trestle bents, or adjust the legs to fit the terrain?
Either way, I've built bridges into existing scenery, and it's far easier to have the scenery installed after the bridge is in place. I will enjoy the finished product.
Pete

Uteram

Good question. Because I'm sloppy when I work, I chose to build the scenery first then construct the bents. That way, I wouldn't have to worrry about overspray and I could lay the terrain to my liking rather than the other way around. I'll simply (hopefully:( ) drill holes where the bents should go and then spackle and color in where there is excess. The bridge actually has a very slight "S" shape to it so the job will be a bit tricky. I will build the bridge deck first with hand laid ties and then use that as a template to mark the bent placement. Because the scenery is made up of waded newspaper covered with Woodland Scenics plastercloth, the drilling shouldn't be terribly difficult.

ps. When you go to my photo album, you can click on the thumbnail pictures to get a larger image. You can even enlarge to to full screen from there if you choose.