more Oberursel........

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Richard, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Richard

Richard Member

allright, here we go again..................,
    I planned to stop designing engines for a while but this evening I got a question from Sergey Vlasenko(he did the Fokker Eindecker conversions) in my mail asking if I could do an Oberursel U.II as well.
    I had planned to do this engine right after I did the LeRhone but due to lack of reference material I dropped the project.
    What I'm looking for now is a drawing, preferably with dimensions, of the U.II

thanks in advance,

Richard
  2. Richard

Richard Member

allright, here we go again..................,
    I planned to stop designing engines for a while but this evening I got a question from Sergey Vlasenko(he did the Fokker Eindecker conversions) in my mail asking if I could do an Oberursel U.II as well.
    I had planned to do this engine right after I did the LeRhone but due to lack of reference material I dropped the project.
    What I'm looking for now is a drawing, preferably with dimensions, of the U.II

thanks in advance,

Richard
  3. Richard

Richard Member

no need to search for drawings anymore, just received one in my email today.
    so now it's back to the drawing board.....
  4. Richard

Richard Member

no need to search for drawings anymore, just received one in my email today.
    so now it's back to the drawing board.....
  5. swiftsword

swiftsword Member

If I recall, the Mauser museum in Oberndorf/Neckar has one of these mounted...maybe a kind soul thereabouts can takes some pictures for you.

Cheers,

Oliver
  6. swiftsword

swiftsword Member

If I recall, the Mauser museum in Oberndorf/Neckar has one of these mounted...maybe a kind soul thereabouts can takes some pictures for you.

Cheers,

Oliver
  7. Richard

Richard Member

Oliver, thanks for the tip, already found loads of pictures on the net and after a couple of days behind the electronic drawing board there are already some results.
    Cheers,
    Richard

Attached Files:

8. Richard

Richard Member

Oliver, thanks for the tip, already found loads of pictures on the net and after a couple of days behind the electronic drawing board there are already some results.
    Cheers,
    Richard
  9. Darwin

Darwin Member

Man, these things must be worse than potato chips....you can't stop with just one.
  10. Darwin

Darwin Member

Man, these things must be worse than potato chips....you can't stop with just one.
  11. Texman

Texman Guest

Richard,

Thanks for all the work your doing! Now, I have to start a new
    category in my model folders just for engines!

Thanks again

Ray
  12. Texman

Texman Guest

Richard,

Thanks for all the work your doing! Now, I have to start a new
    category in my model folders just for engines!

Thanks again

Ray
  13. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hi Richard, shamefully I'm way to monogamous with my postings but I had to creep out of my category after seeing your build pix and site. I have a secret passion for the engineering subjects, and your engines are Excellent! great work, I hope you continue the series.

Don't want to stretch the friendship and its out of period.. Any chance of getting a RR Merlin 61 ~ 64? It would made a interesting addition to your Engine series, not to mention a brilliant Christmas gift for Aviation enthusiasts. Bet most of the Avn members here would put their hand up for one as well!

MeeerrrLIN..!
    MeeerrrLIN..!
    MeeerrrLIN..!
  14. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hi Richard, shamefully I'm way to monogamous with my postings but I had to creep out of my category after seeing your build pix and site. I have a secret passion for the engineering subjects, and your engines are Excellent! great work, I hope you continue the series.

Don't want to stretch the friendship and its out of period.. Any chance of getting a RR Merlin 61 ~ 64? It would made a interesting addition to your Engine series, not to mention a brilliant Christmas gift for Aviation enthusiasts. Bet most of the Avn members here would put their hand up for one as well!

MeeerrrLIN..!
    MeeerrrLIN..!
    MeeerrrLIN..!
  15. Richard

Richard Member

Hi folks,

thank you all for the kind words and now I'm going to kick back and relax....:)
    yep, no more engines for a while, going to finish the black and white version of the Ur2 for some pictures and put it on my site for download, after that I'm going to pick up building the Eindeckers again and a couple of other designs that have been neglected because of the engines.
    But who knows, perhaps, when the bug bites me again............................

Cheers,
    Richard
  16. Richard

Richard Member

Hi folks,

thank you all for the kind words and now I'm going to kick back and relax....:)
    yep, no more engines for a while, going to finish the black and white version of the Ur2 for some pictures and put it on my site for download, after that I'm going to pick up building the Eindeckers again and a couple of other designs that have been neglected because of the engines.
    But who knows, perhaps, when the bug bites me again............................

Cheers,
    Richard
  17. Gil

Gil Active Member

Large Scale Temptation...,

More Richard,

Might you be tempted to take further action on a larger scale..., ? Experiments with making more realistic cylinder heads led to some fairly promising conclusions which the photo shows. 1:8 scale Gnome or Oberursel? -Gil

[​IMG]
  18. Gil

Gil Active Member

Large Scale Temptation...,

More Richard,

Might you be tempted to take further action on a larger scale..., ? Experiments with making more realistic cylinder heads led to some fairly promising conclusions which the photo shows. 1:8 scale Gnome or Oberursel? -Gil

[​IMG]
  19. Richard

Richard Member

Hi Gil,

I've been thinking about doing the Clerget 9cylinder in the same style I did the 7cylinder. Perhaps under the Spijker name, they licence built about 200 of these.................but that's for the future, near or far, I don't know.

Richard
  20. Richard

Richard Member

Hi Gil,

I've been thinking about doing the Clerget 9cylinder in the same style I did the 7cylinder. Perhaps under the Spijker name, they licence built about 200 of these.................but that's for the future, near or far, I don't know.

Richard