More news on Ralph :) :)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Hi, everyone -

From Susan:

"Things are moving along quickly now! Ralph has been scheduled for surgery at 12:30 Tuesday at North Memorial Hospital. His surgeon believes, based on the results of his latest CT scans, that the tumor can be successfully removed and most of his body put back together again. In the process though Ralph will lose part of his pancreas, part of his stomach, part of his colon, and his spleen. This sounds frightening, but both the surgeon and Ralph's colorectal surgeon shrugged their shoulders and said all would be well!

We're in much better spirits than we've been in for about 2 weeks. This was just the lift that we've been waiting for. Ralph continues to tire easily, and gets feverish during the day and sweats profusely at night, but his spirits are good and he's ready to get repaired on Tuesday. I'll write again on Tuesday night or Wednesday and let you know how things went."

Also - I called Ralph on Friday and learned that it seems fairly conclusive that his cancer originated in the pancreas, not the colon. The surgery is expected to last "only" about six hours (down from the original 8-10 hours he was told). He'll have chemo and radiation therapy after he gets past the surgery. He's relieved that there is a definite action plan now and grateful to have a surgeon who is so skillful and confident.

Please be in prayer for Ralph as he prepares for this surgery and especially on Tuesday afternoon. Most of all, pray for a complete recovery and return to good health.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I replied that we'll all pray for him & tell Ralph that the People from The Gauge say Best of Luck!!!

If anyone wants to e-mail Ralph "Direct" PM me & I'll PM you his addy :) I don't ant to leave it out here for spammers to find :)

~~~ Thanks!!!

~~ Mikey