More layout progress Nov 19

spitfire

I am very anxious to get working on my city, but before I do, I have to finish up the track that runs behind. This weekend I finished laying the second mainline, weathered both sets of track and began ballasting.

Here's a shot of the completed section, the area to the right under scenic construction, and finally a roll-by, with a CN Mikado pulling a through freight. Looks like this is going to be a nice railfanning spot!

Attachments

• P1010117.jpg
    P1010117.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 15
  • P1010119.JPG
    P1010119.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010125.JPG
    P1010125.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 20

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
nice job spit fire :thumb:,the area looks great :mrgreen: and the mikado is even better! great job.--josh

N

nachoman

That tall grass looks fantastic. I like the scattered bushes and the variety of plant species.

Kevin

spitfire

Thanks guys! Kevin, the tall grass is from Scenic Express - it's grass matt and looks quite realistic, it comes in a few different heights and colours.

Val

doctorwayne

Lookin' good, Val! :thumb: Those grass mats look like they'd be just the thing for my trackside ditches. (If I ever get back to work on the layout) :rolleyes: I like the train, too. :-D

Wayne

spitfire

Thanks Wayne - that's the BLI Mike with an added feedwater heater. Kinda needs a vestibule cab though, don'tcha think? :D :D

Val

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Val love the trees in the corner and the grass covered embankment :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Well done, Trees look awesome!!!!!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Great stuff Val! :thumb:

An all-weather cab would be a great addition, but you are very brave for cutting into a BLI...! ;) :D

Andrew