More fun with models

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cdavenport, Jan 10, 2009.

1. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Some new stuff with diecast.

Attached Files:

2. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

One more. I need to finish a paper model and do the same thing!

Attached Files:

3. Wily

Wily Member

4. exzealot

exzealot Member

I think I just found a new backdrop for my computer at work! These are great. Wouldn't it be cool to see a nose-shot of a Thunderjet taking on fuel in the air? Hint Hint... :twisted:

Ken
  5. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Nice shooting & Photoshopping! :thumb:
  6. Nice work major. I was just an enlisted USN aircrew member myself. I like your picturamas. What did you fly?
  7. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I'll take that F-84 in-flight shot as a cool suggestion. I know just how to do it, too. Appropriately enough, I flew EC/RC/KC-135 aircraft, about 3500 hours total in all the various airframes. Fun career.

Here's another I just completed today. The model is Dragon 1/35 Tiger pre-painted plastic model. The woods are real...my backyard. Some careful compositing puts the monster tank in the trees. I think my scaling is off a bit, though. I've seen the real thing and I don't even think it would fit in my back yard!

Attached Files:

8. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Photo Fun

I know that this is the Aviation and aircraft section, but since you brought it up, I believe that we should have a Photo Fun section, for example A friend in F.R.O.G. (Germany), sent me a disk full of models in action, here are a couple of examples. The only drawback is that they are not paper. That railhead is a must see for all of the track heads out there

Who are the proud owners of these vignettes I do not know, But you should see the entire packet.

As for myself, I have some pics somewhere, but I have to find that 3.5 floppy disk.

Enjoy, I got more. :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Attached Files:

9. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Geez! That stuff is amazing, hardly any visual clues to giveaway the fact that these are models. That looks like 'GI Joe" scale to me.

And, apologies to all; I forgot that this was the aircraft forum.
  10. silveroxide

Yes they are 1/12 scale GI goe size figures, you should see the size of the locomotive and the german armor. when I saw it, I had to look more than once. If you think this is amazing, Let me look up the aircraft carrier, which I believe is at the Smithsonian Naval aircraft section. I will post it for you later.
  11. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Silveroxide, are you active duty or retired? I've been to Bragg and "Fayettenam."
  12. silveroxide

Yes sir! I did my time, from 68 to 88, a lot of dirt under my boots. US Army Infantry. Got out before the excrement hit the fan, one year before Panama.
  13. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Hoowaah! Did you have any tours in the 'Nam? I came on active duty shortly after the fall of Saigon and jetted around the world gassing up thirsty fighters and bombers....pretty good duty if I do say so myself. I was lucky; I missed all the big shows, too.
  14. silveroxide

Indo China

The Marines did a good job of decimating the V.C. and NVA at Tet. 69 was a year for their re-fit. We spent more tedious time hunting them than fighting.

But that is a story for the history books. We won the battles but lost the War.

Strength and Honor
    Silveroxide
  15. t.l.williamsjr

t.l.williamsjr Member

Welcome back to the world, bro.:thumb:

Tom Williams, Jr.
    USN 66-69, 'Nam 67-68
  16. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

New profile picture

This is the love of my life, not the '32 roadster, but my son, Michael. The roadster is a model as well as the background. Here's the full image

Attached Files: