Ask and ye shall receive.....

More information to come later!

CSX7926MagnoliaWV3-24-03Small.jpg

CSX8423MagnoliaWV3-24-03Small.jpg

CSX8729MagnoliaWV3-24-03Small.jpg

CSX8604MagnoliaWV3-24-03Small.jpg

Woodie

Now let me get this right.

Headlights and ditchlights. On, say, 8604 above, the headlights are betwwen the ID numbers at roof level.

The two lights on the outside edge lower down. Are they the "ditchlights"?

We don't do ditchlights downunder.

I suppose they are meant to light the ditches on either side of the track?

Pooh Bah
Woodie:
Yep, the ditchlights are the lights at the bottom, where the buffers should be. :)
I think "ditch" may be a derogatory/affectionate term; they're probably meant to light up the track close by. Don't feel deprived about not having them yet; after all, the English didn't use headlights until a few years ago! :D

railohio

The first shot is an eastbound rack train (I left my notes at home so I don't know the symbol) crossing the Magnolia bridge. Nikon N80, 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6 AF-G Zoom-Nikkor, Fuji Provia 100F.

The next shot is another eastbound, this time L296 This train runs from Flint, Michigan to Maryland carrying what must be high-priority auto parts. Every time we saw this train it had a pair of six-axle units and no more than twelve auto parts cars. In western Ohio I see this train and it has the same auto parts, but also a block of junk on the rear. Although I don't know exactly where, it must set out the junk somewhere enroute, most likely Willard or New Castle. Nikon N80, 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6 AF-G Zoom-Nikkor, Fuji Provia 100F.

The third shot is a westbound, probably Q416, coming out of Stuart Tunnel. N80, 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 AF Zoom-Nikkor, Fuji Provia 100F.

The last shot is Q217, a westbound auto rack train, splitting the intermediate signals. N80, 70-210mm f/4-5.6 AF Zoom-Nikkor, Fuji Provia 100F.