More British Rail Pics

grumbeast

Hi Guys,

I've finally got around to scanning some of my pics from British Rail in the 80s and have put them up on a website. If anyone
is interested they are at :

www.accesswave.ca/~gbevan

These were taken by a 12 - 17 yr old me so don't expect
masterpieces! :)

Graham

sample below of one of the most beautiful locomotives in the world!

Attachments

• tn_uk75.jpg
    tn_uk75.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 248

swissjohn

I Agree.
"Castles" are Grrrrrreat :) :) :)
castle.jpg

7029.jpg

5080.jpg

John.

Bob Collins

A couple of years ago I had the great good fortune to spend an entire afternoon at the railway museum in York. Needless to say I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

I can't image that there is anything associated with British rail history that isn't represented there in some fashion.

Thought it interesting that next door to the railroad station in York is a rather extensive model railroad. Unfortunately it looked tired and was certainly in need of dusting for starters.

Bob

Lightbender

Growing up in the '50's and early '60's I was surounded by Southern steam and filled a few boxes with slides. Sadly these have not survived but during a cull back then a few pics that I was throwing out got snagged by my kid brother. He gave them back to me some 40+ years later, funny how that works. I apologise for the quality.
1_G.sized.jpg

The Golden Arrow with some kind of diesel
2_G.sized.jpg

41300 at Cricklewood I think
Untitled_3.sized.jpg

32662 at Tunbridge Wells West
Untitled_4.sized.jpg

34046 'Braunton' WC rebuild at Bournemouth Station
Untitled_5.sized.jpg

34055 'Fighter Pilot' BB at Bournemouth Station
Untitled_6.sized.jpg

32339 2-6-0 'K' at Bournemouth Station
Untitled_7.sized.jpg

34050 'Royal Observer Corps' BB rebuild at Bournemouth Station
Untitled_8.sized.jpg

5051 3rd rail electric "Brighton Belle" The worlds only all Pullman train. Yup that's the front end, probably the most luxurious locomotive built..haha.
Untitled_9.sized.jpg

34060 "25 Squadron" BB rebuild at the bottom of our garden.
Untitled_10.sized.jpg

grumbeast

Those are great to see lightbender

They certainly are very evocative and bring back some great memories of spotting as a boy

Graham