More: Are we merely stereotypes

Locobreath

Apr 7, 2004
USA
Visit site
Wow. Looks like the blond anchor at Fox Cable News really hit a sensitive spot with us. Great responses. What should we do about it. Post your suggestions funny or otherwise.

Here are some of mine:

1. Do nothing and remain a made-fun-of minority. :sleeping: :sleeping:

2. Start an angry email campaign to Fox. :mad: :mad:

3. Plan a model railroader March On Washington D.C. :wave: :wave:

4. Whenever you see a blond on the street shout, "CHOO-CHOO." :p :p

5. Don't date blonds. :cry: :cry:

6. Drink a few beers and FORGETABOUTIT. :) :)

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Here's a tricky question for you. If I, as a model railroader, dye my hair blonde, does the blonde part of my personality mock the geeky modeller part, or does the modeller mock the bimbo? And for bonus points - how long before I become totally schizophrenic???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Probably safer just to have a few beers..................each!

Val

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
Well, that bimbo really pulled my string so hard that I copied and pasted everything everyone had said in the other listing and added a really sweet something myself, and e-mailed it to Fox news.
I'm 49 years of age, I own my own plastics manufacturing company, I carry an electrical license in both Oklahoma and Texas. I also do systems integration work on plastic blow molding and injection molding machines world wide. With luck I get to work on my layout about 6 hours a week, sometimes 6 hours a month (if my wife lets me, because she does most of the work).
So I let that bimbo have it, (although I didn't use the words that were really going through my mind). Now I have to start watching "Puke News" again to see wheather or not they say anything about our fine caliber of modelers here in "The Gauge".
Long live the Rails!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
No offence, but I don't think there's any need to get "steamed up" about this. Fox specializes in shock value programming, and if they've got your attention they don't really care whether it's positive or negative. We're better off just not watching it, not responding, and not giving them the satisfaction, while we keep our sense of humour, and our little secret - that model railroading is actually totally cool!!!

And, although I'm the guilty party who first used the term, I'd like to point out that "Bimbo" is a stereotype too!!!

Who cares what anyone says! Let's have fun!

Val

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
It’s like this, -- I have been on my own since I was 13. I made it through school and some college own my own. I have never asked for help from anyone for any reason,

I don’t ask to barrow anything from anyone and I won’t loan anything to anyone. If you need help with something, I’m the first one there to help if I can. I don’t drink nor do I do drugs of any sort! (Although I do smoke too much) I don’t care who you are nor what color you are. If I can help, I will,

But don’t pull my string because I will be the first to jump up in their face. I will say what’s on mind and if I hurt their feelings, that’s part of life, if they hurt my feelings, then that’s part of life also. If I hear someone bad mouthing you, I’ll be jumping down their throat before you even realize it was you that they were talking to or about! I have lived a hard life and had to make do with what ever I had or didn’t have. I for one am not going to sit back and suck on beer or something while someone else is bad mouthing me or my friends.

That’s just the way I am!!!!!!!

mhdishere

Feb 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Well, I lived with my Mom until she died (I was 27), I'm a computer programmer, I'm 41 and wear bifocals, I have a Masters in Comp Sci, I have three cats, and I'm a model railroader.

I AM A GEEK!!!!

Time to go out for a Sam Adams or three.

Do what I do, divide the world up into two categories, those people whose opinion of you matters (a short list) and those whose opinion of you doesn't matter (a much, much longer list). When someone says something about you decide which list they fall into, if the second, ignore it. If the first, address it.

Life is too short to let people who don't know me affect me.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
spitfire said:
Here's a tricky question for you. If I, as a model railroader, dye my hair blonde, does the blonde part of my personality mock the geeky modeller part, or does the modeller mock the bimbo? And for bonus points - how long before I become totally schizophrenic???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Probably safer just to have a few beers..................each!

Val

NO! Your great model railroading skills will mock the blonde bimbo part..
Schizophrenic? Not likely to happen..You have a hobby something blonde bimbos don't have.. :thumb:

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Er,.. a couple of thoughts. Bimbos do have a hobby. It's men, and the things men (read "money") provide for them in exchange for services rendered. Two, it's really a question, when did "dumb blond" jokes start? Marlyn Monroe? Jean Harlow? Fay Rae? Og? Three, schitzophrenia is not such a bad thing. At least you always have a freind with you. Right? Oh yes my precious. See?

ted