More Amtrak Woes

zedob

At least back-up to the nearest grade crossing where the passengers can be transferred to a bus. 24 hrs? That's rediculous! That'll really help AT's rep.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Geeeez! Great PR for AMTRAK! Now I don't feel so bad for being told I had to get off the Empire Builder in La Crosse, WI and take a three hour bus ride to the Wisconsin Dells because of a derailment in Union Station that forced the train to take a different route through the state!
Ralph

Russ Bellinis

I think the whole story sums up what is wrong wiht Am Trak. When bad weather delays a flight, the airline will try to help out passengers even putting them up in a local hotel if necessary. Am Trak will sell food until the passengers run out of money and then deal with it on a case by case basis. The idea of reversing to a location where busses could get people off and on their way never occurred to Am Trak.

KATY

Have never taken a train trip and just lately have been investigating Amtrak routes so my wife and I could have the experience of riding a passenger train. Stuff like this makes me wonder though...... Could you imagine this happening in Europe? :(

ezdays

Out AZ way
Yeah, I read about this and couldn't believe it that they did not make any effort to get the people out somehow, or at least fly in some extra food (at no charge) and toilet paper. Like maybe some kind of airlift drop or helicopter.