Moldy Crow / Milleniumfalsehood / 1:48

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by wedge, Feb 23, 2009.

1. davelant

davelant Member

Read the title of the thread. There's a number there.
  2. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

:rofl:
  3. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Not meaning any disrespect, and acknowledging the experience you may have but 1:48 only means ratio to me. I was wanting to know the size of the model shown, I have no idea what the full size version would be, so can't picture the model size from that. A really rather innocent question that could be ignored I guess but what I can't understand is the impolite attitude some members here show towards others.
  4. davelant

davelant Member

Innocent question, innocent answer. You asked for the scale. In scale modeling, which this is, 1:48 _is_ a scale. Plastic car models are mostly 1:24 or 1:25 scale. And so on. I'm sure you'll catch on.
  5. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

OK but at 1:48 scale, if the actual vehicle is 48 feet long then the model would be 1 foot. If the actual vehicle is 96 feet long then the model would be 2 feet and so on. So unless one knows the size of the actual craft the ratio doesn't help. That is why people sometimes place an object of known size beside a model for scale. It was in that respect I used the term. But you are right....I'm catching on.
  6. Kjev

Kjev Member

Maico,

Perhaps in the download section you could put a cube or something we could all use as a standard.

K'Jev
  7. jparenti

jparenti Member

You are doing a fantastic job with this model wedge. It looks like it's cast from plastic. I wish I could get my lines as straight as yours.

Also, I am ashamed that I had to do a Google search to find out what this ship was. :oops: I had never heard of it before.
  8. wedge

wedge Member

I promise to arange some photos with something to compare with. maybe the next time , so don´t argue :D I´m not be using your "cubes" , because it really harms the photos :D

jparenti: if you want to know the story of moldy crow , I heartily recommned you the Dark forces series (pc game - Dark forces and Dark forces II Jedi knight)
  9. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

I'm a big fan of the games, but always thought the Crow was rather ugly for a design (like the A-10 Warthog, ugly but effective).

I'm curious where the references for the inside were when this model was created. I don't recall there being many clear shots of it in any of the games.

Funny thing, too, I just recently reinstalled JK(DF2) and MOTS and played through them this past week! Talk about coincidence, me checking the forums and seeing a thread on the Moldy Crow!
  10. imcold

imcold Member

Nice work on the hull, Wedge; the paintjob is awesome :) And I'm curious how will you cope with the wings :D
  11. julianmaurice

julianmaurice Member

This is one of my favourite posts, I eagerly await each new post from Wedge. I used to play the Dark Forces games, I especially liked DF2, it was very atmospheric and the Mouldy Crow always looked really great on the CGi sequences.

Love this project.
  12. wedge

wedge Member

You are absolutely right Julian . For me is the DF 2 the best game ever. I´m SW fan since I can see :mrgreen: I was 13 when I first saw dark forces II. It was my first walking opportunities in Star Wars universe and I can remember how much I loved every square meter of the game :rolleyes:

Thank you all for supporting - there is another small progress

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

Holy cow! That's amazing work on those underside details. I especially love the intakes and the smoothness of the curves, but that doesn't mean the gun is any less impressive!
  14. Mauiman

Mauiman Member

Very nice and jaw dropping to see that beauty. And Good Job to you MFH for releasing it. Where can I find this model?
  15. wedge

wedge Member

Another progress is the radiator and the main wings gripping . It is made from 1,5 mm wire and I hope it will work. The wire is held-in-place by the sello tape , so it is only at the beginning .

[​IMG]
  16. imcold

imcold Member

Good work! I hope the wire will be able to support the wings, too :)
  17. wedge

wedge Member

so I´m working on the strboard fin engine. It is not ready yet , but I decided to post some photos for those who are interested in this build anyway. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. wedge

wedge Member

19. kk135

kk135 Member

Joined this thread late - great job wedge!
  20. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

I never finish anyth sign1