Modular Forum

Would you be interested in a forum on modular model railroading?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catt

Was thinking maybe we have enough modular modelers here to set up a forum for them.What do you think yes or no.

C

Catt

Being the instigator of this poll I of course voted yes.

If you have any thoughts on the subject feel free to post them here. :D

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
Although I am not a modular person, I voted yes for the reason that there should be a little something for everyone, even if it is just a little one or a big one. The point is that,
wheather you do modular or not, we are all still doing modeling, isn't that the whole point?
Randy

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I am undecided on this one... Much of the info that pertains to modules is already included elsewhere (HO or N, track planning, DCC, and catch-alls Technical and General, etc, etc...). What does make modular unique is the benchwork... is that enough for a separate area....?

If I seem a bit reluctant, please bear in mind I am a member of www.hotrak.ca , an Ottawa-area modular club... :) . And no, I haven't voted yet... ;)

Andrew

CBCNSfan

Mar 11, 2005
NS Canada
Well I voted "NO" because I have enough to do on my own layout. However if there was a Modular forum, yes I would look and read and maybe even post some times.
Cheers

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Although I'll hardly ever build a module (to whom should I connect it here in Switzerland? :( ), you have my yes.

I can imagine that module builders have specific problems, which are irrelevant to us 'normal' layout builders, like connecting modules, levelling, organisation of a big modular layout event etc. So there should be topics enough for 'modulers'.

Ron

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
I have no interest in a modular forum, but won't vote no, I don't see why a no option is even given. If someone has no interest, they won't read it. If there are a sufficient number of people interested, go for it.

Gary

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
OK, so I came back and voted yes, as perhaps there are enough unique challenges with modular railroading to warrant a separate area.

I just came back from the weekend meet of www.hotrak.ca where we had a great discussion about standards and design, as well as some construction issues, and transportation challenges...!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.