Modified XTrkCad parameter file for Kato Unitrak

pasayten

May 13, 2006
Monroe, WA
Hi all,

I used XTrkCad to design my first n scale layout... a modified scenic ridge that I posted awhile back in the N/Z forum...

Anyway, I ended up using some of the misc Unitrak package pieces (1 1/8 and 1 3/4) which where not actually in the XtrkCad Unitrak parameter file library. You could have used a piece of the 90 crossing for the 1 3/4, but I wanted the correct part numbers to come out in the parts list and also needed the 1 1/8. So, I have modified the default "kato-n.xtp" paramter library for XTrkCad. I just replaced my default library. You could rename it and load it as a custom library, but I did not bother to do this... The additions were very simple and no need for making things more complicated!

I have attached the file in two versions... as a text file (.txt 46kb) as it is one of the allowed formats for uploading to this forum. You would have to rename it to kato-n.xtp and put it in the parameter sub-directory of XTrkCad... and as a zip file (.zip 7kb) that will extract to kato-n.xtp and need to be placed in sub-directory mentioned above.

Use either one... and happy designing/dreaming...

If there is a better place to upload this to, please advise... I did not see a "download" section for this forum.

Happy RR!

pasayten

Attachments

• kato-n.txt
    46 KB · Views: 70
  • kato-n.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 64

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
pasayten, DayUnionRR,
Welcome, and thanks for your posts. For the time being, what you have here looks like it will work the best. I'll see if there would be a better place for the files, but if I were looking for this information, Track Planning would be the first place I would go.
Pete