Modified El-Baz Shuttlepod

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by geino, Mar 21, 2007.

1. geino

geino New Member

I would like opinions

I have modified the Ulrich El-Baz. I have sheet one almost complete. It has been colored and the lines are alot sharper.

Let me know what you think and I will work on sheet two.

The file is in bmp format

Thanks
  2. Ponytail

Ponytail Member

Go on in this good work!
  3. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

Looks very good! When you finish the model I would definitely like to get a copy
  4. geino

geino New Member

Thanks for the compliments.8)

I am still making changes to sheet one, and making improvements to sheet two. I have added several new pieces to the model and I am adding optional pieces.

When I finish it I will let everyone know.
    :)
  5. geino

geino New Member

Here is a further revision to page 1.

This page is nearly finished. I still have work to do to the top of the shuttlepod.

Let me know what you think.

Attachment removed - look at my later posts
  6. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

I like the changes you are adding to the model, it will help it give more detail and depth.
  7. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Geino,

That's looking really good! Those were the first paper models I found and built, they could use a good upgrade:)

SteveK
  8. Ponytail

Ponytail Member

Suggestion

I would like to see the border of the back parts somewhat wider for easier cutting and glueing. The blue surrounding seems rather small to me.
    All-in-all go on!
    :):grin: :) :grin: :)
  9. geino

geino New Member

Ponytail - I will see about increasing the space on the rear parts.

Everyone - Thanks for the kind comments so far.

The docking port(?) on top is proving to be a challenge to redesign. I have found 4 versions of it so far. Version 1 is almost completely smooth, version 2 has some detail, version 3 has a "scoop" on the back side that faces forward, and version 4 has the "dock" extended above on 4 little legs.
  10. geino

geino New Member

It may take me longer than I hoped to finish this model. I got hit with a computer virus and it took out the drive that I had all of my paper models on.
  11. panzer

panzer Member

I hope your Computer will get well soon.:) I've also had serious problems with a virus a few months before. I don't know what I would do if I could get one of those bastards...

To your model: Your revision looks great so far!

Ulrich Prahn's models seem to be easy at first sight, but I've build his Romulan Scout as my second model after I rediscovered my childhood's passion for paper and it was a really challenging build.
  12. geino

geino New Member

panzer - I am thinking put the jerk in a series of glass bubbles weighed down and then drop them off over the Marians Trench. This way they can watch as each bubble cracks and then breaks under the pressure. Until finally the inner one bursts while they get crushed under the pressure.
  13. panzer

panzer Member

I was thinking about a more old-fashioned punishment, but your idea sounds interesting! Please tell us when you get one of the "jerks", maybe we could have a user meeting on board of the Batyscaph "Trieste".:grin:
  14. geino

geino New Member

Well I lost nearly EVERYTHING as a result of the virus. The paper models I had downloaded were protected because I had given copies to my brother in law. I will be getting those back tonight.

Unfortunately, the modified El-Baz is gone, except for the pdf file above. If anyone has the zipped bmp file I first created can you please repost it so I don't have to start all over again.

Thank you
  15. geino

geino New Member

Well I lost nearly EVERYTHING as a result of the virus. The paper models I had downloaded were protected because I had given copies to my brother in law. I will be getting those back tonight.

Unfortunately, the modified El-Baz is gone, except for the pdf file above. If anyone has the zipped bmp file I first created can you please repost it so I don't have to start all over again.

Thank you
  16. sdhlaw1701

sdhlaw1701 New Member

Here You Go

I hope this helps. I can't wait for the final product.
    S:grin:
  17. sdhlaw1701

sdhlaw1701 New Member

Here You Go

I hope this helps. I can't wait for the final product.
    S:grin:
  18. geino

geino New Member

sdhlaw1701 - Thank you. I will combine it with the pdf file available here and work on recreating it this week.

I am considering changing the pages even further to include names of other shuttlepods
    USS Aries (NCC-45167)
    Cousteau
    USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D)
    #03 - Voltaire
    #05 - El-Baz
    #07 - Onizuka
    #09 - Ley
    #12 - Pike
    Campbell

If I do that, I will rearrange the parts so anything with names and numbers are on one page and other parts are on another page.
  19. geino

geino New Member

sdhlaw1701 - Thank you. I will combine it with the pdf file available here and work on recreating it this week.

I am considering changing the pages even further to include names of other shuttlepods
    USS Aries (NCC-45167)
    Cousteau
    USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D)
    #03 - Voltaire
    #05 - El-Baz
    #07 - Onizuka
    #09 - Ley
    #12 - Pike
    Campbell

If I do that, I will rearrange the parts so anything with names and numbers are on one page and other parts are on another page.
  20. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Free Way To Save Files

What I do is email files to myself using a free online email service. That way the files are kept (for free) on another server.

Works for me.
    :twisted:

Terry