Modern day hobos or losers?

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I found this while researching the Tropicana trains I usta see on the NE Corridor back in the 70s.

It's a website dedicated to the subculture (as they define it) of hitchhiking, rail & road travel. Well, in this day and age and the things I've seen and read about- I have other things to do. That said, there's a thread on the site regarding riding the Tropicana Juice Train. This is the link to the article:

http://www.digihitch.com/article837.html

There are some marvelous quotables, one that I can excerpt from Digihitch.com, "And on top of all the rocking, every time we went over a bridge or a crossing or something like that you would be launched more than a foot in the air and come slamming...":wave:

Feel free to comment.
Mark

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
One can give the benefit of the doubt to someone who's hit on hard times. These folks are just thrill seekers. In the end, it still is dangerous and illegal.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
There is a gang that travels on trains that are extremely violent. The rob house and rape along the rail lines.

Many hobos are the homeless you see around soup kitchens.

They are psychotic and dangerous for the most part.

To be sure not the Hollywood myth

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
These modern "thrill seeking riders of the rails" wouldn't hold a candle to the 'Bos of yesteryear..They would have nailed that juice train the first day..You see they would know where to go to nail a hot shot when it was still moving slow.After all the 'Bos would ride passenger trains at will and nailing a hot shot was no problem :D