Moderators or Webmaster

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
Do we have a problem? Initial page comes up, and then everything goes into "Glacial" mode and takes absolutely ages to go to any item selected - trying to follow a link is just about impossible - been like that all day!

Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands:curse:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Morning Jack,

I didn't notice this problem when I logged on at 10:00 CST but will foward your complaint to administration.

Hope all is working for you!
Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yes, these does seem to be a problem. It takes forever to bring up a page, especially if ther is a few pages in the thread. I have found it difficult to access some forums as well. I will also try to contact Mikey and hope he has an answer. The last time this happened, Peter thought it might be bandwidth. We'll see, just hang tight.

slurp

Feb 26, 2005
www.themodelzone.org
Got to admit i've been having intermittent problems with the site most of the afternoon here too. Go to post something and get a Database Error, page loading times significantly slow, often "hanging up" or timeing out and i run on 2.2Mbps download. Have only noticed it happening today though, normally have no problems whatsoever with the site.

Brian

Dec 19, 2005
New Waverly,TX.
Man, I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing problems also :cry: I uploaded a new avatar.....and also tried adding a GIF train to my signature line.....and that's when I started experiencing major problems with the forum.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
This must have started some time in the night (in the USA), since I noted the slowing down already this morning (in Europe, and we are e.g. 7 hours ahead of Chicago). Posting was and is v-e-r-y s-l-o-o-o-w... but then sometimes a new page pops up quite normally. Weird!

Now I wonder, if posting THIS message will also need more than three minutes like my last one. :D :D :D

Ron

Edit: Yep - it took 4 minutes, 18 seconds :mad:
Reminds me of times, when a 8Kbit-modem connection was considered as 'fast'! :D :D :D :D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Good or bad, it is slow.:sleeping: Funny how Cid being on dial-up doesn't notice as much as us on broadband.sign1

Peter has been alerted and he's the one that can fix what's broke here....Let's hope it doesn't take a lot of work, 'tis Sunday, a day of rest, and football...wall1

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Ralph said:
Morning Jack,

I didn't notice this problem when I logged on at 10:00 CST but will foward your complaint to administration.

Hope all is working for you!
Ralph

sign1 When I hit the post reply button to send the above I got "web site not responding" and had a hard time getting back on! :)
Ralph

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I am on dsl, when I reply to a post and click the "submit" box, I have time to go into the kitchen and make a pot of coffee. I returned to the computer and the reply page is still up. The only way I can clear it is to "submit" a second time. I then get the "pop up" that tells me I made a duplicate submission and will be redirected to the post. At that point I can go on reading the board and replying to other posts. If I don't repost, it just doesn't do anything.

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
My end is up and running again - thanks to whoever kick-started it!
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands
"It isn't the knowing how, or why, a thing works that is important - it's knowing exactly where, and how hard, to kick the damn thing when it stops working!" - Hutchinson's second corollary.