Models In a different material But worth seeing

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by GEEDUBBYA, Aug 16, 2005.

1. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I was researching photos of "rail dragsters" in efforts to find some good pics that might inspire me to try a scratch build of one, when I came across this site. http://www.tesscar-aluminum-craft.com/index.html
    Now, these models arent paper, but I thought that since we have had threads on aluminum before that this would be something to see anyway. If nothing else, its neat and took alot of imagination. So check em out. If you just "sit" on the above link w/o navigating several photos of the models will appear in a slide show. there are planes, motorcycles, cars etc...

have a good day,

Greg
  2. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I was researching photos of "rail dragsters" in efforts to find some good pics that might inspire me to try a scratch build of one, when I came across this site. http://www.tesscar-aluminum-craft.com/index.html
    Now, these models arent paper, but I thought that since we have had threads on aluminum before that this would be something to see anyway. If nothing else, its neat and took alot of imagination. So check em out. If you just "sit" on the above link w/o navigating several photos of the models will appear in a slide show. there are planes, motorcycles, cars etc...

have a good day,

Greg
  3. Kaz

Kaz Member

4. Kaz

Kaz Member

5. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Kaz,

You can call me Greg, Gee, GW, or whatever, I answer to most anything. Dont worry about being "familiar", thats why we have the forum, so that we can be familiar with the people here, and make new friends.
    Neat site that you found there.

have a good day, welcome to the forum and hope to see more of you.

Greg also known as GW
  6. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Kaz,

You can call me Greg, Gee, GW, or whatever, I answer to most anything. Dont worry about being "familiar", thats why we have the forum, so that we can be familiar with the people here, and make new friends.
    Neat site that you found there.

have a good day, welcome to the forum and hope to see more of you.

Greg also known as GW
  7. Willja67

Willja67 Member

That Corsair is absolutely incredible :shock: :!: :!: Not only did the guy make an extremely beautiful model he made one of my all time favorites :lol:
  8. Willja67

Willja67 Member

That Corsair is absolutely incredible :shock: :!: :!: Not only did the guy make an extremely beautiful model he made one of my all time favorites :lol:
  9. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Wow! Ironically I just read about this guys corsair in a hobby shop earlier today when I picked up the newest "Fine Scale Modeller" magazine. It said "all metal corsair" on the cover so I fliped right to that guy's second model of the corsair. I was very impressed to say the least.
  10. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Wow! Ironically I just read about this guys corsair in a hobby shop earlier today when I picked up the newest "Fine Scale Modeller" magazine. It said "all metal corsair" on the cover so I fliped right to that guy's second model of the corsair. I was very impressed to say the least.
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah that is not a hobby but an obsession! But boy were those some fantastic models.........right down to the cables for flaps and the cooling fins on the cowling.

And did y'all see the picture of the engine..........man!

I don't think Bill Gates has got enough money to buy one of those.........well Bill might at that, but he'd be the only one!

What man can do when he loves what he is doing has always amazed me.

Hey willja67 how is the F2G comming.....got any recent pics?
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah that is not a hobby but an obsession! But boy were those some fantastic models.........right down to the cables for flaps and the cooling fins on the cowling.

And did y'all see the picture of the engine..........man!

I don't think Bill Gates has got enough money to buy one of those.........well Bill might at that, but he'd be the only one!

What man can do when he loves what he is doing has always amazed me.

Hey willja67 how is the F2G comming.....got any recent pics?
  13. jlinscheid

jlinscheid Member

That's simply amazing. But the man made a living doing intricate work inside smelly wet mouths with a tongue flicking around. I bet this is easy in comparison :)
  14. jlinscheid

jlinscheid Member

That's simply amazing. But the man made a living doing intricate work inside smelly wet mouths with a tongue flicking around. I bet this is easy in comparison :)
  15. Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers Member

I first heard about Dr. Parks Corsair's through a magazine called Home Shop Machinist (my other idiocy, er passion). Every year at the North American Model Engineering Society (NAMES) they award a prize for the best work in miniature sponsored by the people that make Sherline lathes and mills. Some of the other stuff that has won jas been equally impressive. Four years ago one guy had a running 5 cylinder radial that is incredibly small. And yes that is a penny in front of the brace of engines.

http://www.sherline.com/names01.htm
    http://www.sherline.com/images/1st01a.jpg

Some of the other things that have been done include fully functional scale reproductions of machine tools along with engines (steam and gas, piston and turbine!)

In another modeling field I saw this one over at ModelWarships. While it is not Card it does use sheet stock in the consruction

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/bb/bb-73/350-br/br-index.html
  16. Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers Member

I first heard about Dr. Parks Corsair's through a magazine called Home Shop Machinist (my other idiocy, er passion). Every year at the North American Model Engineering Society (NAMES) they award a prize for the best work in miniature sponsored by the people that make Sherline lathes and mills. Some of the other stuff that has won jas been equally impressive. Four years ago one guy had a running 5 cylinder radial that is incredibly small. And yes that is a penny in front of the brace of engines.

http://www.sherline.com/names01.htm
    http://www.sherline.com/images/1st01a.jpg

Some of the other things that have been done include fully functional scale reproductions of machine tools along with engines (steam and gas, piston and turbine!)

In another modeling field I saw this one over at ModelWarships. While it is not Card it does use sheet stock in the consruction

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/bb/bb-73/350-br/br-index.html
  17. raiwong

raiwong Member

Great idea indeed. Also, I believe it helps the enviroment as the cans were not simply thrown away but put into artistic use. I guess there are many materials we can use to make a model. Also, I saw in the news this morning about a man building a real size replica of a Viking ship using ice-cream sticks. Talking about real size, I wonder if anyone would one day build a real size replica of something out of paper.

Cheers,
    Rai
    (Rai sounds short and nice. Raiwong is too long)
  18. raiwong

raiwong Member

Great idea indeed. Also, I believe it helps the enviroment as the cans were not simply thrown away but put into artistic use. I guess there are many materials we can use to make a model. Also, I saw in the news this morning about a man building a real size replica of a Viking ship using ice-cream sticks. Talking about real size, I wonder if anyone would one day build a real size replica of something out of paper.

Cheers,
    Rai
    (Rai sounds short and nice. Raiwong is too long)
  19. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Hey Bowdenja,

Thanks for the interest. A lot of progress has been made on the model since I posted the pictures. It now has positionable flaps, ailerons, elevators, and a more detailed engine(still haven't got around to the rudder or landing gear yet). Unfortunately my attempts at coloring it with corel draw are being met with stiff opposition, due mostly to my own ignorance of graphics software.

I started doing a build of it with the intention of posting it to this website but then I decided to hold off so I could enter it in the paperwarbird competition. It will be a white model but I think it should look decent. So look for it on the wings of horus site in the next two weeks. Also since I will be building a model every time I need to test new developements (corect me if I'm wrong) I can post those pics and not violate competition rules.

One other factor that is holding things up is that I recently began flight school. So not only do I get to dream about flying while building models I get to do it too. :lol: :lol:
  20. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Hey Bowdenja,

Thanks for the interest. A lot of progress has been made on the model since I posted the pictures. It now has positionable flaps, ailerons, elevators, and a more detailed engine(still haven't got around to the rudder or landing gear yet). Unfortunately my attempts at coloring it with corel draw are being met with stiff opposition, due mostly to my own ignorance of graphics software.

I started doing a build of it with the intention of posting it to this website but then I decided to hold off so I could enter it in the paperwarbird competition. It will be a white model but I think it should look decent. So look for it on the wings of horus site in the next two weeks. Also since I will be building a model every time I need to test new developements (corect me if I'm wrong) I can post those pics and not violate competition rules.

One other factor that is holding things up is that I recently began flight school. So not only do I get to dream about flying while building models I get to do it too. :lol: :lol: