Model Railroad Shop in Washinton DC

iSupernova

Mar 15, 2006
I will visit Washinton DC next week and will stay at Marriott Hotel at Connecticut Avenu. Can someone guide me to any nearby Model Railroad (HO Scale) shop there ? As a newbie, I am also interesting to see some Railroad Museum, if there is any ?

Thanks for advises

iSupernova

Taylor

Dec 24, 2005
Welcome to The Gauge....I personally don't know of anything in DC. There is the B&O museum up in Baltimore. If you are driving, about 15 to 20 miles east of DC is Annapolis. There is a place off of route 50 that is pretty good. Its a straight shot from DC on route 50 to this place (sits between annapolis and the chesapeake bay bridge).

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Try the American History Smithsonian museum along the north side of the mall. they have quite a bit of Railroad stuff (locos etc.). Hmmm... I seem to remember a thread an awful lot like this one sometime in the past. Let me see if I can find it...
Found it... Try this link....
http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=11481

jmccall001

Mar 16, 2006
Try Grandpa's train shop in springfield, VA, great place. Also G Scale in Waldorf. Good Shop in Crofton, 45 minutes away on Rte 3

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Theres a MR shop in, I believe The Union Station on Pennslyvania Ave. There's some other building on Pennslyvania Ave. but I can't remember what it is.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Jim Krause said:
Theres a MR shop in, I believe The Union Station on Pennslyvania Ave. There's some other building on Pennslyvania Ave. but I can't remember what it is.
The "Great American Train Store" at Union station closed a couple of years ago. Baltimore, which is a 60 mile drive from DC has the B&O Museum and M. B. Kliens Train Store. I could spend a year's pay in there and still not get everything that I would like to have. It is a great place and good people. Here is their link

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Thanks for the update

David: I was wondering if my info would be up to date. I made a quick trip to the Union station while in DC several years ago to buy an item for a British friend and haven't been back since.