Model Power Sf Metaltrain

XavierJ123

Dec 17, 2004
Lexington, Kentucky
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHMD5&P=BR Check out this train set that I just purchased. I had no idea how heavy this all metal train would be. It seems strange compared to the Bachmann, Altas, an AHM plastic bodies. I am not sure I like this or not??? Any opinions would be appreciated. I know one this for sure. It is very difficult to place the engine on the track because of the lower plastic detail on the engine.

XavierJ123

Dec 17, 2004
Lexington, Kentucky
Well, I think I am getting use to a heavier train set. All the others that I have owned had plastic bodies and much,much lighter. I set it up temporally on a hard plywood train table and ran it on the Bachmann EZ track that came with the set. It has a quality power pack and the locomotive runs very smoothly at all speeds. I think it comes with Kadee couplers as the couplers have that teeny tiny spring. Either that or they just look like Kadees. I have never purchased a Kadee. My only complaint so far is the noise. It goes clickidy-clack at every joiner all around the track. I wonder if this noise will cease with a subroad bed of homosote or something like that?

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
With the weight and being all metal it will resonate sound more, but I get that with metal wheelsets on my plastic cars. Check to make sure you have the rail in the joiners, I 've overrode them with EZ Track before and didn't know it because it locks together, you might have some high joints.

Glad it runs OK.