Model Power Fuel Station re-done

Herc Driver

This is hardly worth posting here since it pales in comparison to the work normally posted here, but allow me to submit this as more of a bashin' project. I took a Model Power Fueling Station with all it's green/red/yellow tanks, painted the tanks flat black, the cat walk and railing aluminum and steel, and changed the hoses positions to the lower level for modern diesel engines. With the addition of some signs and dry transfers, and a change to the roof angle that will allow for the rain to fall away from the engine side and into the grass/shrubs behind. It still need to be permanently affixed to the layout, and an access road cut in, plus there are still some small details (like a fueling crew) that I need to add. (Sorry this isn't a better picture...I'll try to get a better one later.)

Attachments

• Copy of L2591.jpg
    Copy of L2591.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Copy of P3310236.JPG
    Copy of P3310236.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 150

ezdays

Out AZ way
How can you not be proud of that? I most certainly would be if I were you, especially after seeing what you started out with.

Great job...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And thoughtful, logical improvements. Goes well with the 'life is full of the ordinary' theory that make many layouts seem very realistic (and many overly caricatured).

Herc Driver

Thanks everyone I appreciate it. (Someone explain to me why I even try to paint Nscale again??? Boy that makes the eyes tired.)

You're right Galen...and caricatured is certainly a good word for it. I guess that's what I like about so many of the layouts that I see here...so many little things that remind me - yeah...I've seen that somewhere before. That vague feeling that what is pictured is not only possible - but very likely copied from a real scene in the world.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I have that same piece placed on my layout and I've always thought that it looked gaudy and needed some modifying. Now you have shown me how. Thanks for the ideas!

Herc Driver

TrainNut - you're welcome. It's tough taking some of the pieces off the platform though...as some are glued more than others. If I had to do it again, I'd pop it into the freezer for twenty minutes or so and see if that would help. Some of the tanks on mine came off easily and some like the (oil drums) didn't budge. Aluminum looks great on the cat walk, really brings out the diamond pattern.