Model Of The Week: Kit Build Goodyear F2G-1 Super Corsair

Nowhere

Apr 4, 2007
Very great job. The engine is for me an absolutely highlight. Look absolutely stunning. I'm impressed.

mldixon

May 30, 2006
Thanks I am glad you liked it. I am going to build the Military version of this in 1:16 scale so come back and follow the new thread.

mldixon

May 30, 2006
updated model base details

I have added some details to the base. Fuel Drums on pallet, wheel chocks .

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 29

madchuck

Jul 10, 2004
Truly an inspiration. It's a beautiful model You did a great job!!
I have been stalled on my #57 for a long time, mainly on the engine, but your engine work has got me going again.!!!

mldixon

May 30, 2006
Engine

Thanks Madchuck
Engines are something you have to love to build , see my spitfire thread for this. I am glad you are at it again, just show that engine a little love and overlook the 27 cylinders:mrgreen: and it will go great for you. Thanks again,

madchuck

Jul 10, 2004
Hi ML Your engine pictures are very helpful and inspire me to battle on with the build up of it. How did you form the cylinders? I am having trouble getting them formed very frustrating.

BUT on a good note I had success in making a buck for the canopy from Durhams putty and should be able to get a good vacuum form from it.

mldixon

May 30, 2006
Engine Forming

Well I used a dowel rod about 6" long to form the paper around. I then used Quick Grab glue. Then I formed the top by applying a glob of glue under it and forming with tweezers to shape. I then slid it off the mandrel and set it aside to dry.

bigstu

Nov 2, 2007
Remarkable, I particularly like the propellors. Also I never thought of using my "arm thing" to hold models during building, good idea!

atamjeet

Mar 15, 2007
New Delhi
www.facebook.com
Kudos to you MlDixon... Amazing details and a very neat model. I specially liked the way you have managed to click so many pictures of the entire process.

Very nice job.. Keep it up.. I made 2 Corsairs earlier, but they were from a different designer. Corsair was my first complicated scale paper model and I love this machine so much...

thegreek270

Aug 7, 2010
Greece
Wooohw, absolutely amazind job. :eek:
You realy like details as we can see.
The use of jigs to help you with the construction is are very smart idea.
I will keep that in mind for my Projects.

:wave:

F2g-1

Jan 25, 2012
WOW.
I stumbled on this thread searching for F2g details for my 1/8 scale R/C build. I've never seen card models and this just floored me. Your build is amazing, and kudos to you and the designer, as this subject is very difficult to emulate in ANY media, be it balsa and lite ply, to paper as you have done here. Now i'm dying to see the military version.

Bravo!!!

Z

Zathros

Why not introduce yourself and tell us what you may be interested, There are many R/C controlled card models and if you have a good knowledge of aerodynamics, you can make some really excellent looking card models that fly. You have some people who are "paper purists" but I'm not one of them. Especially when it comes to R/C, the techniques used in card models will allow you to make a lot of parts you used to buy, even if you use styrene and glue it together. There is a Warhammer 40K gunship being built here out of sheets of plastic that is beyond belief. Check out the link below.

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170350&page=9

:)