Model Of The Week: Imperial Guard Armour Builds

Tirick

Oct 5, 2009
Ontario, CA
tcfgaming.com
I've been juggling some other projects, so not a ton of time in the last month spend on this one. However, I've finished a leg set, and have presented here the finished product. All I can say is a lot of lamination and cut-outs were involved. The finished product is similar to, although probably thinner than the GW legs. I should note that the instructions place the heel section (the part with the hydraulics) upside down. The knobby bit connected to the toe should be at the front, with the flat at the back (as mine is shown).

This was in all ways a prototype, albeit a successful one. Needless to say I did not build it 'to plan', but I did I use Patoroch's patterns for the basic shapes. All told, I spend about 6 hours on this set alone. The next 5 will take perhaps less each due to the assembly-line factor, but I'm still looking at 20-30 hours work.

Obviously there is a lot to do before the model is even close to finished, with detailing and extra bits. Once the legs are together really just the frame (for the open topped ones) and the weapons remain.

If there is a call for it, I'll take some instructional pictures when I put together the rest of the legs.

100_2799.jpg

100_2800.jpg

100_2803.jpg

100_2802.jpg

100_2804.jpg

100_2806.jpg

Enjoy!
Tirick