Model Of The Week: Halo Reach Sniper Rifle

PaperAir

Found this over at the 405th .From what i can guess its going to be around 6 feet long.So this is a good one for anyone who likes really big.The barrel is 36 inches long and the clip is 8 inches.as i get more pictures i,ll post them on this build.

PaperAir

OH before i for get Modeled by L3XBLU3R1V3R and modified and unfolded by Carpathiavh99 over at the 405th.

papermonster

excellent working paper air
just one question can pass the download link please I would greatly appreciate what I try to look but is more difficult than it looks

PaperAir

you go to the Forum then Creation Discussion then Pepekura and cardboard armor then the official halo reach peperkura files thread.

PaperAir

Yes atamjeet I remember your thread on that one.Didn,t you use a paper that is stiffer then the paper we can get in the US.Your pulse rifle is a very nice clean build.Where i got this one there are 4 rifles and 3 pistols plus miscellaneous gear and armor.All in 1:1 scale so I,m going to be very busy for a while.Keep on building because I really enjoy your well executed and clean work.

PaperAir

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpgLife got in the way for a couple of days but I got the scope done.Some people ask me why i use paper as the base material for models.So far this is costing me 3 dollars in paper 46 sheets of 110 card stock 4 dollars in ink and 2.50 in glue.I could not imagine how much something this size would cost in wood or plastic.

PaperAir

This will be the first paper model that I will be using fiber glass resin on.I have been reading up on it on posts of others that have had great success and the formula's.I wasn,t thinking as i built this on the fact it might warp in some areas when i apply the resin.So there is really no internal suport.I see no really large spans of surface areas that are not broken up by folds or glue so i don,t think I,ll have a problem.I might add externail suports to hold everything steady while the resin drys then remove them .we will see.If anyone has any sugestions on anypart of this build please tell me.