Model Of The Month: The Crooked Tower

Thank you Zanthros. Just trying to be of help when I'm able. It's interesting, I've been downloading models for awhile, but have yet to build *anything*. That may be about to change. Still haveto find a place to build, and then to display. Friend of mine says I'm a *perfectionist* and am afraid of failing. Still have to drive into my head that if I make a mistake, I can simply reprint the page. Question, what type of glue is best? Promise that when I build something, I'll post some pictures, no matter how simple a project it is.

Z

Zathros

If you have a Michael's Crafts Store near you, get UHU Brand Glue and Zip Dry. The Zip dry is a little more heavy duty, both are excellent though. I apply a little to both parts and give them a couple of seconds to set up.

Attachments

• zip-dry-glue.jpg
    zip-dry-glue.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 8
  • UHU.jpg
    UHU.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 95

carlos filipe

carlos filipe
Hi guys:
Sorry for the lack of reply. I wasn't being rude, I just had other pressing matters to attend to, modeling has been put aside for a while until now.
I read with pleasure that the site is online again with all those marvelous models.
The exhibition i took the model is just 500m away form my home. Even so i called for a cab. It is the annual event of the local modeling association. It is mainly plastic, but as it happenned before with another exhibition I attended last march, they - on purpose - don't want to make a distinction between medias. If it is a diorama it goes to the dio area. It is up to the public to feel (this is right expression in my opinion) the work.
the light is more obvious during the night. The hall is well lit but there's allways a difference from day to night.
Thank you once more for your words of encouragement
Rgds
Carlos

Wad_Cutter

Thank you

Your work Carlos is beyond words.Yo have the gift of a true artist. What you have made here is something I know that I will never have the talent to create. To say this blows my mind is such an underststment. Thank you for sharing and showing what it takes to make such a great piece of art. Thank you sir. waddy

mms99br

Hi Carlos,

I am brazilian like you and did not manage to find "espuma de poliuretano". I saw on the pictures that you found in Leroy Merlin, it was long time ago ?? I can use it to Lord of the Rings scenary, but never find it on Brazil.

Thanks !