Model Of The Month: Skyrim - Frost Dragon

daishi

Ok here's my next project: Frost dragon from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

So far im done with the head (except some teeth) and most of the neck.

Here are some pics:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

I'm using the model that is already posed and serves as a loading screen. Its high poly so there's no shortage of details.
Model snapshot

(sorry for the bad mobile phone pics)

Z

Zathros

I love Dragon models. This looks great. You can post the models directly onto the forum. Nice job! :)

daishi

Thx!

Nice! Your design?
Nope, my 3D and texture skills are not this good.
Like i wrote i use the frost dragon loading screen from Skyrim as a base, its already posed just have to cut down on the poly count a bit.

Haereticus

Any plans to release this? It looks really good. Incidentally, do you know if you can extract the game files from the xbox disc, or do you need the PC version?

daishi

Any plans to release this? It looks really good. Incidentally, do you know if you can extract the game files from the xbox disc, or do you need the PC version?
I usually make my projects available for DL. But i only have the left wing and the head simplified and unfolded as of now, so ill only upload it if im sure there are no major errors.

I use PC, version dont have any consoles (and wont buy one either).
For Skyrim there are extractor tools on PC, but DxRipper can rip almost anything that uses Direct3D from the screen.

daishi

Here's another update. progress is slow since I've started working, and playing ME3 multiplayer demo :p (and full game is coming out next week so I dont expect it to speed up anytime soon)

Finished the body and attached he 2 parts I've made so far.
Skyrim: Frost Dragon - WIP 01
Skyrim: Frost Dragon - WIP 02
Skyrim: Frost Dragon - WIP 03
Skyrim: Frost Dragon - WIP 04
Skyrim: Frost Dragon - WIP 05

(2 Spikes are missing from the back, had some mishap with model editing, but I'll add it for the lower body/tail/legs file)

inky

Can some one bring me a mop because I just drooled all over the place.

This dragon is looking great!!!!!! I kinda hope they postpone the release of ME3 that way you can work on this more. LOL

vbsargent

This looks REALLY good. I also noticed that the tongue is really very well crafted. It has a very organic, rounded 3 dimensional shape. Bravo!