Model of the Month: Reaver Titan WIP

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Update...Finally started to make progress on the painting.

Attachments

• carapacetpft.jpg
    carapacetpft.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 10
  • carapacetpbk.jpg
    carapacetpbk.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 9
  • carapaceftltdtliso.jpg
    carapaceftltdtliso.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 8
  • carapacebkdtl.jpg
    carapacebkdtl.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 9
  • carapacebkrtdtl.jpg
    carapacebkrtdtl.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 11
  • carapaceftrtiso.jpg
    carapaceftrtiso.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 11
Z

Zathros

That is definitely something I have never seen anywhere, ever. Incredible! The colors make it POP!! It's refreshing to see a painted model rather than printed too. Maybe you will start a new trend! :)

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Couple of pic updates.

I have most of the upper body painted and decided to start the storage case which is 28" x 20" x 20" (70 cm x 50 cm x 50cm). The body is starting to fatigue due to all the travel (I work on it wherever I can) and probably would not have had as much problems had I doubled up on the thickness of the paper at stress points. Nonetheless, we fight on.

Attachments

• reaver in box.jpg
    reaver in box.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 17
  • reaver in boxrttp.jpg
    reaver in boxrttp.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 10
  • reaver in boxlttp.jpg
    reaver in boxlttp.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 16
Z

Zathros

Wow! Seeing that come to life like that is kind of weird. That so amazing, it's hard o grasp. It could be good if you posted the highest possible resolutions of the models ans a download. You could them up to 2 mb in size. XNView can make huge pictures without having them large. I Maybe you could send some some massive detail shots. That is so incredible, it's kind of hard to take in.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Couple more pics. Started on the lower half of the body and guns. Thought the gun barrels turned out pretty good. Sorry for the blurry pics.

Attachments

• blastgun.jpg
    blastgun.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 16
  • mega.jpg
    mega.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 16
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 14
  • stalking.jpg
    stalking.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 14
  • upshot.jpg
    upshot.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 17
  • topdn.jpg
    topdn.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 14
Z

Zathros

I honestly don't think I've seen anything like this in any medium. It's kind of hard to grasp in pictures. The Scroll work (forgive me if my terms are wrong) on the shoulders, all of that is just so awesome. It would be nice to see a pic really close up showing that isn't printed on. I know it isn't and in the pictures, the way it shows tells some. It's just nice to see texture, real texture, not printed on, use your imagination graphics. :thumb:

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Scrollwork is the term I use. :)

I'll see what I can do about getting some closer detail shots. I should note that the dark blue areas are not just paint, but tinted artist's gel medium applied roughly to give it a rough, cast iron look (maybe a little too rough....oh well).

Z

Zathros

That's what I am trying to express. You can see that's there much more there, this isn't don't with a printer, or at least none like I've ever sen before! :)

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Well, I finally got the big baby painted completely (pics to follow later). It was 2 years ago this month that I started this project.

I had taken it to my youngest daughter's 4th grade class last year when it was a white model with no detail, so today it made a return visit at lunch time to show them how it turned out. I arrived a little early and the second graders were finishing up lunch when I arrived and it drew a spontaneous standing ovation (that was surprising and thoroughly enjoyable). Her classmates (and former teacher) were impressed. Soon as I get the rockets in the launch tubes (and it's daylight) I'll get some pics up.

Z

Zathros

My son's school is so "lame" I wonder if they would give me a hard time because it displays weapons. More of the "Politically Ignorant" stuff.

This is really incredible. I am hesitant to call it a model as it seems so much more than that. A Paper Sculpture? There must be a better term? Incredible!!:inw:

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Two years to the month after starting this project, I am calling it done. I am probably going to change out the missiles, but aside from that, it is complete. 23" tall x 15" x 15". I learned a lot.

I'm starting with a couple of close up shots of the carapace and shin armor as Zathros wanted to see the technique I used in making the dark blue cast iron....by the time I'm done posting pics, I'm sure you'll be sick of looking at it....:mrgreen:

Attachments

• aftcarapace-detail.jpg
    aftcarapace-detail.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 9
  • aft-carapace-detail.jpg
    aft-carapace-detail.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 11
  • lcalf.jpg
    lcalf.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 10
  • rcalf.jpg
    rcalf.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 6
  • rtcalfside.jpg
    rtcalfside.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 10

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Now the detail shots....I wish you could see this in person....

Attachments

• blastgun.jpg
    blastgun.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 11
  • ftunder1.jpg
    ftunder1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 11
  • blastgun-detail.jpg
    blastgun-detail.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 9
  • megacanbarrel.jpg
    megacanbarrel.jpg