Model Of The Month: New Horizons Atlas V

Dyna-Soar

Jun 13, 2005
Alabama
This my beta build of a forthcoming kit from Retired For Now (I thought the Zealot folks might want to see it that aren't at papermodelers)

Anyway
DSC01937.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

It's also designed to fly on a cluster of 2 18mm model rocket engines.
DSC01828.jpg

underwoodl06

Apr 6, 2007
Looks awesome! I would like to see a modification of this for the X-37B launched by the United States Air Force as the US second reusable space vehicle, and also since I am serving with the USAF. It would be a great model for my room.

AtlasV and Payloads

Looks awesome! I would like to see a modification of this for the X-37B launched by the United States Air Force as the US second reusable space vehicle, and also since I am serving with the USAF. It would be a great model for my room.

The Atlas V in 1:96 is up at ECardmodels - the X-37B is there as a separate 1:48 model but it can be built at 1:96 to make a complete launch stack. There's also another X-37 version at Lower Hudson Valley (jleslie48.com) that could be scaled down to fit.

P3220012.jpg

There's a few other compatible payloads as well (get out 'yer tweezers).

AtlasLRO-LCROS.jpg

LRO-LCROSS-01.JPG

AtlasNewHorizons.jpg

JunoPayload.jpg

BoeingCST-Centaur02.jpg

Either slightly modified from larger versions or (slightly) simplified versions for this scale.

Yogi (building up a stock of teacher bribes - sorry, incentives ...)

E

ekuth

Very.

Model Of The Month! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

OhioMike

Apr 16, 2007
Ohio
Bought these a couple weeks ago..Hooking up the new printer tomorrow, then we'll blow these up to 1/48 and get busy!!! Great models yogi and dyna-soar!

underwoodl06

Apr 6, 2007
Anybody know where there is a detailed Delta IV model? Just thought this might be the best place to ask.

underwoodl06

Apr 6, 2007
Yes, I have although I would like o see something with a bit more detail and a bit larger scale. I am an A1C in the United States Air Force and I would love to have the Air Force's rockets here in my dormitory at Edwards AFB, the birthplace of America's Space Program. Even though this isn't the right spot, since I work on F-16s I would also like to find a paper model of the F-16 and F-35 if there are any available.

asclepius

Oct 13, 2007
Atlas V 400 & 500

I've been waiting for someone to design an Atlas V model for some time. Thank you for the hard work! I purchased the model from ecardmodels. I love the detailing on the payloads, including the New Horizons spacecraft.

Take care, Kevin

Big Al

Jul 18, 2011
Atlas

My dad worked for North American and later Rocketdyne from the Redstone to the shuttle.. These are awsome models and yours is exceptional.......Great work!:wave:

Big Al

Jul 18, 2011
Yes, I have although I would like o see something with a bit more detail and a bit larger scale. I am an A1C in the United States Air Force and I would love to have the Air Force's rockets here in my dormitory at Edwards AFB, the birthplace of America's Space Program. Even though this isn't the right spot, since I work on F-16s I would also like to find a paper model of the F-16 and F-35 if there are any available.

I have been scouring the web for patterns (That's how I found these forums) and I have seen the f-16 models but I couldn't tell you where:p

It was pretty late last night but I did see them!